Pregnancy sleep (or lack thereof) and prayer request

Well, I experienced my first night of terrible sleep last night. Pretty good for nearly 33 weeks so far.... thanks to tossing dinner, heartburn, and just general "insomnia" I got about 3 hours total of sleep. Fun fun. This morning I was up and out the door to get to my rescheduled massage, which was heaven. After the massage, my body felt normal again, my back was straight, and the bump was teensy... I guess my back was in a "s" and she managed to fix that. I felt like Jell-O afterwards. Totally going to go back when I'm full-term because I'm sure I'll need it. I was so relaxed that I nearly fell asleep on the table. Afterwards, I ran some errands, did some banking, and picked up some more groceries so that Ethan can eat this weekend while I'm away. He already misses me. Haha. I reminded him this is the last time I'm leaving him for a weekend before the baby is born.

Work was uneventful today, and I came home to eat dinner and make caramel corn from this recipe that I found on AllRecipes.com. Hopefully it's good.... we'll be eating it on our way to Charlotte tomorrow evening. We as in my friends Emily, Aneli, and myself. Girls' road trip! I'm very grateful to them for coming with me since they will be doing the driving...especially if I have another bad night of sleep tonight!

Speaking of babies being born: would you please pray for my friend, Melanie and her unborn daugher? Melanie is currently in the hospital on bedrest and experiencing preterm labor which stem from complications with pre-eclampsia. Her daughter, Heidi, is due November 26th, but the doctors have made the decision not to stop labor if it progresses to full blown labor, and that could happen tonight or tomorrow... or not until November. Their best guess is that Heidi will be an October baby, but God is in control of the situation. Melanie has an almost 2 year old daughter who was born at 37 weeks due to complications with pre-eclampsia, so she's not new to pre-e or having a premature baby (I know 37 weeks is considered full term, but doctors will tell you 39 weeks is optimal for baby), but I know she and her husband Brett would appreciate your prayers. If she's not in labor tomorrow morning, I'm going to the hospital to see her and take her some caramel corn and some other goodies.

Comments

Popular Posts