Changing table assembly and 34 week appointment

Yesterday, our crib mattress arrived. Thank you mom and dad! UPS was quite late in delivering, so we were wondering who was knocking at the door at 8 PM. We realized that since the mattress was here, we didn't have room to store the crib, changing table, and mattress boxes in our storage unit... so the logical solution was to assemble the changing table. Okay, I admit, I was dying to get it assembled anyway...

We aren't going to assemble the crib until we move Baby Ridge to it, which won't be until around 2 months old at the earliest. I know, I know.... we weren't going to assemble the changing table until Thanksgiving, but we really had no more room in the storage unit and were quickly running out of room here in the house for all of the things that have been sent for Baby Ridge! Ethan and I put the changing table together as a team - granted, I did most of the holding of nuts and bolts, and reading of instructions... and I organized all of the things onto the shelves for the finished product.

What would one of my posts be without photos of the event?! You know we took them!


Yes, we read the instructions before commencing with any project. Just in case.
Even though you know we're geniuses. ;)
To our pleasant surprise, we discovered the changing table has casters!
This makes it wheeling it to different locations super easy.


Finishing up


Testing out my cloth diaper bins for size

After a run to Target today, I purchased some bins with gift cards that we had been given, and voila! The semi finished product..... right now we're just putting everything we get for baby that will be stored there on top of it...I'll take a better picture once it is 100% completely finished and ready for use! Currently debating whether to get two more brown boxes for the cloth diapers. Not sure yet.....I'm glad this is my hardest decision in life right now. Haha.


In other news, my 34 week appointment was today and went well. I have gained more weight but I don't know how much because I have opted for blind weigh-ins the last few appointments. I know it's on the low side of normal, but it isn't something I wanted to obsess about. Apparently I'm perfect in every way, and my next appointment won't be until 37 weeks. I'm glad I don't have to go in weekly until then! Baby Ridge is head down, but "sunny side up". Normal positioning would be that his/her face would be towards my spine, but instead it's facing out. This is all fine and good, but can potentially make for some difficult back labor, so I'll be going to a chiropractor in the hopes of getting Baby Ridge to rotate to the most optimal position. We have 6-8 weeks to get baby to rotate.... so there's a specific prayer request to keep in mind!

Comments

Popular Posts