My superhero husband

This morning I was up at 9 and went downstairs, only to find that my car wouldn't start. ::sigh:: I was annoyed because that meant that I would miss my massage today, which I was really looking forward to...and if you don't cancel more than 5 hours in advance, you forfeit the fee. I have a package, so that just meant I would lose the massage from my package but I still wasn't thrilled about that. I immediately called Ethan to tell him that the car wouldn't start, and he was there within 10 minutes. Guess it must have been a slow morning at work! I jumped in his car, and we headed to the auto parts store because he knew it was the battery. Apparently he noticed that the car was taking a little longer to start than it should have at the airport yesterday, but chalked it up to the fact that it had been sitting for a few days. The battery was due for replacement, and there was no way that he was just going to jump my car and have me driving around the rest of the day since there was a risk the battery could lose the charge and die again. Since I have to pick up Mo from school, take her to ballet, and bring her home... there were just too many chances for that to happen.


Note the flashlight tucked under his chin.
I don't think there's anything that my husband can't do.


He also called the massage therapist scheduler and managed to get them to reschedule my massage to tomorrow without forfeiting today's appointment... maybe it had something to do with the fact that his police radio was blaring in the background while he was on the phone with them? Whatever the reason, I'm just grateful! I am also very glad that the battery decided to die today and not yesterday when we were at the airport, or in the pouring rain at soccer practice. Or when we went out for my birthday dinner. It can always be worse. Always. Honestly, as long as the three of us are okay, I don't really care what else happens. That's just my perspective. It's just a battery. It's just a car. It's just a bad day. It's just money. It's just a house. Ethan and Baby Ridge are what matter at the end of the day, no matter what else may happen.

Baby Ridge's stuff is starting to make quite the pile on our dining room table.... every day something new arrives. Ethan and I think that Buy Buy Baby has the worst environmental packing policy we've ever seen because the boxes that the gifts arrive in are HUGE... and baby stuff doesn't take up that much room! The boxes could literally be a tenth of the size smaller and there would still be room. The only exception is the larger stuff, like the baby bathtub, high chair, etc. I sent an email to Buy Buy Baby suggesting that they look into different packaging sizes to cut down on the company's costs, shipping costs, and environmental waste. Who knows if they'll listen? I can't be the only one that is amazed at the sheer size of the box that two board books come in!

Time for me to make some chocolate truffle brownies.... dinner is going to be special tonight as my way of thanking Ethan for being the best husband ever.

Comments

Popular Posts