Dad to be
So, a lot of people have asked me (that don't necessarily know Ethan very well) if he's excited to be a dad and whether he's any good with kids. One thing I have learned about Ethan in the nine years that I've spent with him is that he doesn't really outwardly show excitement about big things until it's go time. Our vacations to Europe and the Caribbean, closing on the house, etc.... the excitement would show up the night before or the morning of. It's just who he is. So yes... he's excited, but he's not one to make a big deal about anything. (Although he did say he was thinking about getting cigars for the baby's arrival, haha!)
The next question is whether Ethan is good with kids...the answer is an unequivocal yes. Allow me to brag on my husband for a little bit. He is amazing. When we first started dating, he was a little unsure of what to do with smaller babies and toddlers. Since I worked as a nanny, he was exposed to the younger set pretty quickly and immediately picked up pretty much everything. Over the years he's learned to change diapers, feed & burp a baby, dispense (and actually get down!) medication by oral syringe to a less than willing child, give multiple children a bath at once, put tights on a squirming baby (it's harder than you'd think!), dealt with vomit, and extremely messy diapers, and can even fashion pigtails that don't look like a clueless dad did them. Whenever I have needed help, he has jumped right in without complaint. I usually don't even have to ask for help because he's so involved that he can see exactly when to jump in and what to do. All of my kids have absolutely loved Ethan. They feel safe and secure with him, and they know he cares about them. If I had a dollar for every single time one of my kids asked me "Efan come play today?" I would be an extremely wealthy woman. Sometimes I felt like the kids preferred him to me! :) The proof is in the pudding, right? Here's some photos I was looking at earlier today. I hope they make you smile...because they certainly make me smile!
Ethan with Annie after bathtime (yes, she's laughing, not crying)

Multitasking as usual

Coming to check on us during the big ice storm of 2011

Giving 2 worn out kiddos a lift back to the car after the park
I am extremely blessed with Ethan for a husband. I really couldn't ask for more. The man even cleaned all of the baseboards in the house for me today after he got home from work (the last big project that I had on my list) because he didn't want me bending over and wearing myself out like I did when I reorganized the kitchen. He spent over an hour meticulously cleaning every square inch of baseboard. Needless to say, I have zero doubts about him being there for me and for his children 150%. I can't wait to post photos in the future of Ethan with our children! :)

Comments