Blast from the past
We have had the pleasure of hosting two lovely guests the last two nights...high school classmates of Ethan's. Christy and Stephanie arrived late Tuesday night and are attending the Catalyst Women's Conference here in Atlanta. We didn't get much time to visit and catch up on Tuesday night since we all needed to get to bed, but last night we had more time for that. It was fun to sit and chat about our lives, what we were doing, and to hear funny stories about Ethan from his high school days. Apparently my husband and Stephanie were once out and about and decided to go through a drive-thru to get some fast food. Ethan's driver's window would not roll down, so he entered the drive-thru backwards. I can just see my husband doing that... I wish I could have seen the attendant's face when they rolled up to the window. Haha! It reminds me of something that Rowan Atkinson would do for a Mr. Bean sketch or something.
Christy and Stephanie were too sweet, and the perfect houseguests.... they had to be up before 6 AM this morning, so Ethan and I said our goodbyes last night. We completely forgot to get a picture with them... I guess we were all so busy talking we just didn't think to do it! Oops! They brought us a host gift, which was totally unnecessary, but appreciated. In the bag was a fleece blanket, hat, and booties for Baby Ridge. I may or may not have squealed like a cheerleader when I saw the cuteness. There were also knives in the bag, which was quite funny...quite the mash-up! There was also a candle which smells heavenly and has been burning every evening since. Ethan is totally the candle person... I like them too, but I never go and pick one out like Ethan does. Thank you girls - I know you read this blog, and please come back again ANYTIME! Our door is always open to you two! :)
I'm currently washing up the guest linens (which the girls so nicely stripped and left in a pile to make my life easier) so that we can be ready for our next guest who will be here until Monday: my sister, the future Aunt Caroline!

Comments