Zofran free day today! Yay!

I woke up at 9:45 AM this morning... I plan to keep waking up earlier and earlier with each day until I get used to it. I'm just not in the mood to shock my system since I've just been sleeping until I naturally wake up. It was difficult to sleep last night due to right hip pain, but it just comes with the territory.

Ethan had his interview today for his investigator promotion. No idea when we will hear... if he is promoted, he'll change zones and watches, but I'm sort of used to it at this point. Every time there has been a change with his work, we just adapt to whatever it is. You just roll with the punches, and it somehow all works out. I know that investigators typically work either 8 am to 4 PM, or 4 PM to midnight. I'm thinking that he'll be working the 4 PM to midnight shift, which is great... because then I won't feel bad about asking him to get up with Baby Ridge - or if I have a rough night one night, I can just take a nap in the morning while he handles the baby. See? It all works out!

Baby Ridges' crib arrived today in a gigantic box...it took everything in my power to drag it inside the house. Ethan will put it in storage tomorrow once the carseat is here so we can just kill 2 birds with one stone.

I spent time with friends today, which was nice. I met Emily at Barnes & Noble for storytime (aka slightly organized chaos) and then we both went to Farm Burger to have lunch with Karen and Symmes. It was so fun to see Symmes... he's gotten so big and is talking up a storm. At first he didn't really recognize me, but after I sang his favorite song to him (I used to sing it to him all the time) he lit up and connected his memories, and we were buddies again. Part of me is sad that he forgot about me, but also glad that he was able to move on since he was quite attached to me up until I left and would scream if I left his line of vision.

Let's see....what else? Oh! Ethan and I have two weddings to attend in early November for police buddies. I will be 35 and 36 weeks pregnant at these weddings and was worried about a dress to wear. This is probably my vanity talking...but I always swore to myself that I would not be one of those frumpy pregnant women. I'm doing my darndest to stay cute and well dressed but reasonably comfortable at the same time. Anyway, I kept hearing about Isabella & Oliver maternity wear, and finally went to check out the website today. Lo and behold, they had a clearance section, and I found the perfect dress for the weddings! It's black, so I can wear it in future pregnancies as well. Here's a photo of the dress in blue... the picture of the black dress makes it impossible to see the dress detailing. I have a hard time imagining my stomach ever being that big since I still have nothing to show, but who knows? Maybe I'll finally get to that point by 35 weeks! I love the dress in blue, but I'm just not comfortable wearing bright loud colors to fall/winter weddings. I'll be able to wear it at the end of the summer and in early fall too, since it will grow with me due to the ruching. I'm always warm these days, so I think the dress will be sufficient, but I can just throw a wrap over it if it's colder than I think it will be and it will look great accessorized with some great jewelry and heels.

Comments

Popular Posts