19 weeks....and Christmas in July

Another Zofran free day today! And I'm feeling great.

This morning we slept in and then Ethan made cinnamon buns and we had OJ too. They aren't kidding when they say that OJ gets a baby moving, because Baby Ridge has been kicking and moving nonstop all morning! It's starting to get a lot stronger, and Ethan can feel it now with no problems. Too cool, and so fun. Of course, actually looking pregnant would make it more real, but I digress.

And then Christmas in July started....I opened the door to find that FedEx had delivered our Sunshine Kids Radian 80SL carseat and we opened it up so that we could adjust the straps to where they would need to be in December. The Sunshine Kids seats are amazing...so incredibly well crafted from steel, and they weigh over 30 pounds. As I have previously mentioned, we are not doing an infant carrier car seat since they're heavy, cumbersome, and a pain in the butt. I'll just use an infant carrier like the Moby Wrap or the Ergo to carry Baby Ridge around when we aren't in the car, and then the stroller once they're big enough. Ethan and I are also staunch believers of children riding in the rear facing position until they are a minimum of 4 years old....we'll shoot for 5 years. Not convinced because we live in America where most people turn their babies front facing when they hit 20 lbs?


Still want to put a baby or toddler front facing? Rear facing it is for us! What's awesome about our carseat is that it is rear facing for 4-45 pounds and then front facing up to 80 pounds. So this will be Baby Ridges' carseat until they transition into a booster. Subsequent children will get their own Radian. Oh, and did I mention that 3 of these fit perfectly across the back of our 2007 Honda Fit? Good thing, because we're not upgrading...we don't subscribe to the "Oh, we're having kids so now we need a huge SUV" mindset that we see so many people in Atlanta succumb to. (People, just be honest.... you just want the SUV, it has nothing to do with kids)

I was headed out to visit my friend Dawn and then found my Old Navy package of maternity clothes! I was so excited that I ran back upstairs and put them on. Here's a picture in one of the outfits... of course it doesn't look like maternity wear, but it has the room to accommodate the growing belly when it gets to that point. I was super excited to show Ethan, and he was impressed at how non-maternity they looked. They basically look exactly like clothes that I would wear non-pregnant, they just have the belly room and non-restrictive waists. Here's a photo of me (sorry it's so serious looking) in one of my new outfits so everyone can see how not pregnant I look! Thank you Old Navy for your free shipping and 25% off....



After hanging out with Dawn for a few hours, I came home and discovered that our Amazon shipment had arrived....Christmas continued! Our new digital antenna for our TV (we got rid of cable and needed an antenna for the local channels) and a couple of other things for Baby Ridge (dry seat for our carseat and some Snappis for cloth prefolds) arrived. So fun!

Time to cook dinner! So thankful that my second trimester energy has finally appeared...and not a moment too soon.


Comments

Popular Posts