Harry Potter 7.2
We slept in today and then headed off to run a few errands before going to see a matinee showing of the last Harry Potter film. I mentioned to Ethan that I really wanted to see it in theaters, so we just took advantage of our free afternoon. We grabbed Chick-Fil-A for lunch beforehand...which was kind of a bummer because I really wanted to get popcorn and m&m's but was way too stuffed from my kids meal to even think about eating another bite. ::sigh::
The movie was great, and just when we got to the part where Harry goes to the forest to meet Voldemort, people started standing up and freaking out saying to turn the lights on. Ethan and I were a little concerned because we weren't sure what was going on and didn't know if we should rush over to offer assistance since we both know CPR (although I'm not sure I have the lung capacity being pregnant). When some people shouted that they were a doctor/nurse, we decided to just sit tight. The AMC staff paused the movie, came in, and asked everyone to leave and wait in the hall. We waited for about 5 minutes before the paramedics got there and then another 15 minutes for them to wheel the guy out. We weren't sure if he fainted or had a stroke but were reasonably sure it wasn't a cardiac event due to the relatively calm nature of the first responders. When he came out, he was soaked in sweat and had a bag filled with vomit (sorry to be graphic) but that leads me to believe that he had a seizure...I've seen all too many seizures, and the sweat and vomit are major symptoms of a grand mal seizure. Anyway, other than that he appeared to be fine and everyone clapped as he was wheeled out. We all headed back into the theater and resumed the movie. Definitely a crazy afternoon, and not how our typical dates tend to go (thank goodness).
After the movie, we came home and just chilled out... I wasn't feeling great so I just took the opportunity to rest. To clarify: I was not feeling sick, but I was not feeling great. I think I needed to eat because once Ethan made me one of his perfect grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, I was feeling just fine. We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out before he headed to work.... and our weekend is now over as he starts his regular workweek tomorrow. :( I miss him when he's gone, but I have a lot to fill my days this coming week! Lunch with friends twice this week, a prenatal massage (cleared by my midwife since I'd heard conflicting reports), a pedicure, and pool time if the weather cooperates. It's my last week of the summer hiatus I've taken before I start work on the 25th, so I plan to enjoy it to the fullest! Not really looking forward to having to wake up earlier though....but I keep reminding myself that it's only for 4 weeks and then I can sleep in until whenever until Baby Ridge decides to join us.
The movie was great, and just when we got to the part where Harry goes to the forest to meet Voldemort, people started standing up and freaking out saying to turn the lights on. Ethan and I were a little concerned because we weren't sure what was going on and didn't know if we should rush over to offer assistance since we both know CPR (although I'm not sure I have the lung capacity being pregnant). When some people shouted that they were a doctor/nurse, we decided to just sit tight. The AMC staff paused the movie, came in, and asked everyone to leave and wait in the hall. We waited for about 5 minutes before the paramedics got there and then another 15 minutes for them to wheel the guy out. We weren't sure if he fainted or had a stroke but were reasonably sure it wasn't a cardiac event due to the relatively calm nature of the first responders. When he came out, he was soaked in sweat and had a bag filled with vomit (sorry to be graphic) but that leads me to believe that he had a seizure...I've seen all too many seizures, and the sweat and vomit are major symptoms of a grand mal seizure. Anyway, other than that he appeared to be fine and everyone clapped as he was wheeled out. We all headed back into the theater and resumed the movie. Definitely a crazy afternoon, and not how our typical dates tend to go (thank goodness).
After the movie, we came home and just chilled out... I wasn't feeling great so I just took the opportunity to rest. To clarify: I was not feeling sick, but I was not feeling great. I think I needed to eat because once Ethan made me one of his perfect grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, I was feeling just fine. We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out before he headed to work.... and our weekend is now over as he starts his regular workweek tomorrow. :( I miss him when he's gone, but I have a lot to fill my days this coming week! Lunch with friends twice this week, a prenatal massage (cleared by my midwife since I'd heard conflicting reports), a pedicure, and pool time if the weather cooperates. It's my last week of the summer hiatus I've taken before I start work on the 25th, so I plan to enjoy it to the fullest! Not really looking forward to having to wake up earlier though....but I keep reminding myself that it's only for 4 weeks and then I can sleep in until whenever until Baby Ridge decides to join us.

Comments