Can I just say what an awesome job I landed? Totally. Awesome. I took Mo (her nickname) and a friend to lunch at Chick-Fil-A and then to a playcenter. Afterwards we went to another Chick-Fil-A for ice cream. Her dad texted me to let me know he was coming home early to cook dinner. I replied saying we'd be home later because we were out and about. The other moms in the neighborhood have all been shocked to learn that I'll be 31 in October... apparently I look 22 and fresh out of college. Hey, it's an improvement over 17! :)

We come home, and we find him in the kitchen cooking a massive amount of food. I asked how many people they were having over for dinner, and he said "Oh, no, this isn't for us, it's for the women's shelter down the street." He volunteers to cook a dinner once a month for the residents of the women's & children's shelter run by a church down the street. My jaw dropped. I'm used to acts of service in my own family since my dad is really involved in different ministries, but I was floored that I was actually working for someone who thought about people outside of themselves. My new bosses are not Christians - the dad is Jewish and non-religious, and the mom is "not anything", in her words. Max told me I was free to go since he was home, but I asked if I could help because I wanted to chat and get to know him better. I don't get much opportunity to get to know parents because when I arrive they're out the door, and when they come home, I'm out the door. All I can say is... I work for some really cool people with a very interesting outlook on life, and I really enjoyed the conversation I had with him. Definitely the easiest dadboss I've ever head when it comes to communication. They really enjoy living and want to experience life instead of just letting it pass them by. As my new boss put it: "If you're going to do something in life...why swim in the shallow end?" He sent me home with some of the food for Ethan and I to eat for dinner. Didn't have to cook: bonus.

In other news related to Baby Ridge, we're doing just fine. Baby Ridge is active usually in the mornings and late afternoons. Just kicking away and doing little rolls. I ran into a mom that lived down the street in my last job and she tentatively asked how I was doing... I responded that I was great and that my anatomy scan had been the past week and everything was perfect. She let out a big sigh of relief and said she was afraid to ask me outright because I didn't look any different from the last time I'd seen her and she thought I looked skinny! I just smiled and said "Yeah, I'm still not in the 'looking pregnant' stage." To which she replied, "Clearly! You're so lucky you're so tall!" I'm still wearing all my non-maternity summer clothing. However, I'm definitely starting to transition into the feeling pregnant stage! Standing for long periods of time makes my back hurt, and the lower half of my stomach is pretty much rock hard at this point. I'll be 21 weeks on Friday... hard to believe! The third trimester will be here before I know it!

Comments

Popular Posts