Prenatal massage and Oreo Truffle Balls
This morning I was up at 9 AM and headed out the door to my first prenatal massage. I have been getting regular massages for the last few years, but couldn't get any during the first trimester. Prenatal massages are definitely interesting... they have you on your sides rather than on your stomach or your back, but they somehow manage to get to everything that needs to be done. I prefer deep tissue, but they won't do that type of bodywork on pregnant women, so it was more of a Swedish relaxation massage. I definitely enjoyed it, and I will go again if I'm feeling sore in the back/hip/legs. Definitely not what I prefer and am used to though... I look forward to my first post-pregnancy massage where they can apply deep pressure!
After the massage, I met Dawn and her youngest charge Hayden for an early lunch at Einstein Bagels. We're hoping that we will be able to do playdates once I start my job since her oldest charge is almost 7 like Moira is. We'll see if the girls get along! It was, as always, great to hang out with Dawn and talk.
I then came home and waited for Emily and her charges to arrive for our latest culinary adventure....Oreo Truffle Balls. These require only three ingredients: a package of Oreos, a package of cream cheese, and 16 ounces of Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate squares. They are absolutely delicious, and extremely rich. And now I leave you with photos of the fun!

First, you crush the Oreos (we put them in a Ziploc bag and used a rolling pin) and then combine with the softened cream cheese.

Miss Natalie mixing

Kneading the mixture so it became more like dough

Shaping the truffle balls

A finished pan....we chilled them in the fridge for about 30+ minutes to make them firmer for dipping

The double boiler that I fashioned from two of my pots to melt down the chocolate

Dipping the truffles

The finished (and sooooo rich and decadent!) product!
I could only eat one... this would be a great idea for a Christmas party, bridal shower, baby shower, etc. You could put popsicle sticks in them, use white chocolate, use a different kind of cookie (Thin Mints, peanut butter cookies, etc). Important note: they do have cream cheese in them so they need to be refrigerated.
After the massage, I met Dawn and her youngest charge Hayden for an early lunch at Einstein Bagels. We're hoping that we will be able to do playdates once I start my job since her oldest charge is almost 7 like Moira is. We'll see if the girls get along! It was, as always, great to hang out with Dawn and talk.
I then came home and waited for Emily and her charges to arrive for our latest culinary adventure....Oreo Truffle Balls. These require only three ingredients: a package of Oreos, a package of cream cheese, and 16 ounces of Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate squares. They are absolutely delicious, and extremely rich. And now I leave you with photos of the fun!






I could only eat one... this would be a great idea for a Christmas party, bridal shower, baby shower, etc. You could put popsicle sticks in them, use white chocolate, use a different kind of cookie (Thin Mints, peanut butter cookies, etc). Important note: they do have cream cheese in them so they need to be refrigerated.

Comments