Who am I?

Well, apparently Sam's Club thinks that I'm a large black woman who lives in Mobile, Alabama. Said woman stole my identity and opened several lines of credit in my name. When I got the mail today, I received a Sam's Club credit card with a picture of the perpetrator on it. Pretty amusing. I also recieved an Angel Card from Victoria's Secret, and notifications from Belk and Dillards to call for verification for my credit card line request.

Yeah.

We spent a lot of time on the phone today reporting the fraud, and our credit reports are now frozen with all three agencies. Good thing we're not in the middle of buying or selling a house. We are pretty sure that our information was stolen and sold from either the hospital or Fulton County vital records for Lily's birth certificate because both Ethan and I refuse to give out our social security numbers for anything other than government stuff. Anyway, we'll be getting a police report done this week, and will just be dealing with this for the next few months since it takes a few months for each store where lines of credit were open to investigate the fraud and then close it. The good thing is that once their investigation closes, the inquiries and everything related are taken off of my credit report. Ethan and I are both just more annoyed than anything... we keep telling ourselves that maybe this woman has kids and spent the $1,500 at Sam's Club to make sure they had a nice Christmas. Of course, who spends $1,000 at Victoria's Secret? How many pairs of underwear does one need?

Moving on.

Our appointment with the pediatrician went well this morning, and Lily has put on 1.5 pounds since our last visit three weeks ago. That is excellent weight gain of a half pound per week! So, mommy definitely makes the good stuff. I've been working hard to make sure my diet and supplements make the best nutrition possible for Lily, so it's really nice to see that paying off with her growth. The doctor was really impressed with how alert Lily is... a lot of people have noticed that about her. She always wants to see what's going on. My mom says that she's exactly like me in that regard.

We made dinner tonight (tacos) and enjoyed our dinner together while Lily slept. We are definitely falling into a good routine, which is soooooo nice.

I have learned new ways to multitask. See? Here I am composing this blog post. I pinched one of Ethan's hoodies from the closet since the low tonight is 20 freezing degrees!


In other news, my best friend arrives late tonight! I am so excited for a week of girl time. She'll be babysitting Lily tomorrow at my 6 week check with the midwife so I don't have to drag her along with me. We're also going to be celebrating her 31st birthday (a little late as it was December 31st). Who knows what other kinds of trouble we'll get into?

Lily is waking up....time to play before her last feeding of the night and then bedtime for us all.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I am really disgusted this happened to you! Geez! But you have a great outlook, Lauren.
large woman, large undies, needed...variety?
Good job mommy! Heidi has gained beautifully too from BF ;) They way God intended it :)

Popular Posts