MLK DAY
Lily's face whenever she sees her mom (and sometimes her dad)
Happy Martin Luther King day! We want Lily to be color blind when it comes to who she interacts with...I hope that MLK knows that some of his dreams for the nation have been realized over the past couple of decades. For those of you who are in Atlanta or visiting, we highly recommend going to see the Martin Luther King civil rights exhibit. It's not far from our house and is absolutely amazing, not to mention free (it's classified as a national park).
We had a good night last night with lots of sleep....Lily has been eating constantly the last few days, and it seems to have tapered off again today. She seems to go through the typical growth spurts a week earlier than usual.... it will be interesting to check her weight again when we go to the pediatrician at the end of the month and see if she's over 10 pounds.
This morning I was able to put Lily in her bouncer and prep our slow cooker meal. I sliced mushrooms, carrots, and leeks and she was perfectly content to just watch me move around. She tracks me with her eyes now, and is not happy if I move out of her line of vision. If I have to do that, I just keep talking or singing to her until I can move back into it. Then she decided she wanted to be held, so into the Ergo she went. However, this paused my cooking efforts because I was not about to handle raw chicken or try to cook it while wearing her. When Ethan woke up around 11 AM, he finished off the recipe by cooking the chicken thighs and tossing them in the crockpot. The house smells awesome, and we're looking forward to dinner tonight after our walk!
We ran errands - but Ethan and Lily stayed in the car while I grabbed what we needed. Ethan is currently reorganizing the kitchen completely...I had done it before Lily was born, but we both felt like it could be even more organized than it is. Sorry mom and dad...and just when you learned where everything was!
On the cloth diaper front: she now fits into her AIO pockets and larger fitteds, so it has expanded what we use on a daily basis. I can't ever see using disposable diapers again after our experience. Right now the BumGenius 4.0's are my favorites and I double stuff the nighttime ones with a Thirsties hemp insert for extra absorbency.
I go back to work tomorrow! I am very excited about seeing Miss Moira and getting back into the swing of things. Of course I will miss Lily the three hours that I'm away from her, but it's just temporary for 5 weeks. Ethan will be home with her on Mondays, and he'll get home at 5ish, so she'll only be without one of us home for 2.5 hours...some of which time she'll be asleep. Her immune system will have that extra time to strengthen, and we'll be in a much more predictable daily routine once I bring her to work with me starting February 21st.

Comments