Aunt Elaine
Representing 3 of 4 generations!
Aunt Elaine was here for 10 days and we had so much fun with her. She is the perfect houseguest, and was so helpful with Lily. Aunt Elaine is my grandmother's sister and #6 (There are 9 kids total!), so she's my great aunt, and Lily's great great aunt. Lily sure did like snuggling up to Aunt Elaine and had many "conversations" throughout the week with her in the mornings. It was so nice to be able to go to work and not worry for a second, and to go on our date night as well. Her being here enabled me to work out almost every day for 30 minutes or so, and I also took her to work with me one day. She got a little mini-tour of our area, which included the Farmer's Market. I loved being able to cook all week, and Aunt Elaine gave me honest feedback on the multiple recipes I tested out. I also am so glad that Lily has such amazing extended family members that love her so much and want to spend time with her. I also enjoyed spending the week with Aunt Elaine... she and I had a very special relationship when I was growing up. When we would get to see each other, I would bawl when we had to part ways. (this time around was no different, but I was able to hold it in until I drove away from dropping her off at the airport) As a kid, I thought her name was Lane, and that I was calling her Auntie Lane. I think I figured it out when I was 10 or so. Haha. We had many conversations during her stay, and Aunt Elaine is always so encouraging and has such a positive attitude about everything. She is one of the sweetest people I know...must be the Huntley blood. She was able to get to know Ethan much better as well, and since she worked as a civilian employee in law enforcement before retiring (fingerprint ID and lineups), they had a common thread. After a couple of days, Ethan asked her "So, how long are you here for? And what do I have to do to get you to stay longer?" Needless to say, she is welcome back any time! Aunt Elaine, we all love you so much... thank you for coming, and we can't wait for you to return!

Comments