5 weeks old & New Year's Resolution
My parents left this morning. :( But they'll be back in two weeks for the long MLK weekend! :) I love having them here and watching them with Lily. They have been so good to all three of us - cooking, cleaning, getting up with Lily in the night, and just being a huge encouragement and support to us. They have allowed us to have alone time with just the two of us, and they're just awesome about not being intrusive and giving us alone time as a family too. Ethan works extra jobs on Friday and Saturday nights, so they stepped into the gap to ensure that I wasn't up all night long and that Ethan could get uninterrupted sleep in between. I think they felt like train wrecks the next morning though, since Lily decided to wake up every three hours on the dot instead of that 4-5 hour stretch that she normally gives us. Hurry back mom and dad! We should just make you a key...haha.
Lily with her grandparents
Lily is 5 weeks old today on New Year's Day! I look back at her one week pictures and am just astounded at how fast she is growing. See how little she was?
I've been through this several times with other babies, so I knew in my head how fast it would go but when the baby is with you 24/7 and you feel like she's grown another inch and gained a pound since her last nap it really hits you. So, my one New Year's resolution is to remember to enjoy every second, because I know how fast it goes. Before I know it, she'll be headed off to college.



Comments