Two month shots
Today I took Lily to the pediatrician for her first two vaccines. I don't believe in shooting babies up with 5 vaccinations at once, so we do a delayed schedule. I also think getting the Hep B vaccine at birth is ridiculous, and we declined that as well. She'll get it when she's older. The delayed schedule means she will never receive more than 2 vaccines during each visit. It also means more pediatrician visits over the course of a year since we go every month instead of every other month until 9 months, but it's worth it to me. I can more closely monitor if she has a reaction and have a better idea of which vaccine she's reacting to if so. Today was the dTap shot and oral dose of rotavirus vaccine. She did just fine with both...still waiting to see if she'll have a reaction at the injection site since several of my other kids did.
My chunky monkey is weighing in at 10.5 pounds and is 22 inches long. That's what I like to see! I am sure she will be at 12 pounds or more at our next visit since she hasn't deviated from her trend of gaining a half pound every week.
Caroline is here, and I'm super happy she's here... she was in disbelief at how much bigger Lily has grown since she last saw her but is thoroughly enjoying her niece. We have lots of fun sister plans all week... so I may not be posting as much!

Comments