My sweet friend Lindsay came to visit yesterday afternoon while Ethan was working an extra job. It was so great to see her and introduce her to Lily. Lindsay made the amazing cupcakes for the Atlanta baby shower and came up with the onesie and prayer necklace crafts for the guests. She and I own a business together as general partners, and she's a great friend. We met 5 years ago and it off immediately. Lindsay didn't come empty handed... she brought these!

Decadent chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing

Yes, folks, they're as delicious as they look! I've only had one. Ethan...well, he's eaten quite a few. He absolutely loves cupcakes, and Lindsay's are about as good as they get! :) So thanks, girl - we so appreciate the time you took to bake, decorate, and deliver these.

This morning, Minnie E texted asking if she could come and visit. She also brought us lunch from Mediterranean Grill (gyro platters, yum). It was great to see her and visit for a while. She hadn't seen Lily in 2 weeks since she was out of town for the holidays.

We had a pretty low key day of just hanging out together in our PJ's. After Emily left, we got dressed and went grocery shopping together as a family. We were starting to run out of food here in the house. We haven't been large scale shopping since before Lily was born... so many people provided meals for us, shopped for us, or cooked for us here at home. I actually cooked dinner tonight, and we ate together at the table while Lily slept. It will be nice when she settles into her "permanent" and predictable routine.

I've spent the evening getting everything in the house squared away. Tomorrow we have an appointment with the pediatrician. I'll be taking Lily myself since Ethan will be working. He offered to take the day off but I told him that was ridiculous. I have taken plenty of children to the doctor on my own before, and this won't be any different. I've learned over the years that pre-prep is KEY to getting out the door on time and not forgetting anything. Those who know me well are aware that I'm extremely organized. So, my clothes are laid out, Lily's clothes are laid out, and the diaper bag is packed and sitting by the front door. My keys and coat are also at the ready, so all I have to do is pick Lily up and walk out the door.




Comments

Popular Posts