PSE, new lens, etc


Hanging out in our PJ's this morning

No Wordless Wednesday Post this week. I've been busy working with Jana at Little Web Writing Hood in finalizing the new blog design. I have also been very busy working my way through tons of tutorials on Photoshop Elements while Lily is sleeping. I have learned a lot already, and look forward to learning more. Eventually I will move to the full Photoshop, but I am okay with PSE right now since I'm still a newbie and it's a little less overwhelming! Emily (Minnie E) has also been awesome with advice and is a willing teacher when she has the time. If any of you have recommendations as far as actions or other online tutorial resources, I'd love to hear about them! I will be taking some more photography classes in the future once we have a more predictable schedule with Ethan's new sergeant assignment, etc.

Last night was a lot of fun... I fed Lily and then headed to meet Aneli & Emily at the Melting Pot for their Endless Fondue special. I think we may have ruined the Melting Pot for ourselves though...because it truly was endless...all you can eat. And eat we did! It was so nice to know that we wouldn't run out of anything and could keep ordering more. I think our server may have hated us by the end of the night... oh well! We were determined to get our money's worth, and we'd eaten lightly all day in preparation. When I arrived back home at 10:30, I woke Lily up to feed her. She then proceeded to sleep until 6:30 this morning, and then went back to sleep until 8:30 after eating. That's 7.5 hours of straight sleep for me. I'm definitely okay with this.

This afternoon I started stalking our mailbox in hopes of catching our postal worker since I was expecting a package that required a signature. For some reason, USPS won't come to your door in our building, so if you don't catch them, you get the little orange slip directing you to pick up your package at the nearest post office. No thank you. I really didn't want to be stuck in a post office line. Fortunately, I caught him on one of my many trips downstairs and eagerly ran upstairs to open my new Canon 35 mm/2 f lens! I am so excited and have already started shooting with it. It is a very fast lens and great for capturing Lily. I'll post some photos that I use the lens for soon!

The weather in Atlanta is absolutely gorgeous and in the 80's, so we've been spending lots of time outside. I have tomorrow off, so we'll be heading out on some sort of adventure after our new iPad arrives. I will anxiously be awaiting the FedEx delivery guy. I may even hug him when he knocks on my door. Okay, maybe not. But I will quite likely start squealing. That's okay, right? Even though I'm 31?

Comments

Popular Posts