16 weeks old and weekend recap

Well, folks....Lily is sleeping through the night for a 8-10 hour stretch with only one wake up around 4-5 AM followed by another 3-4 hour stretch, and just in time for her 16 week-i-versary, which was my goal. She may not sleep 12 hours straight due to being exclusively breastfed, but I'm okay with that. Honestly, I enjoy that time in the wee morning hours when the rest of the world is silent. She's already a super efficient nurser and during the day generally wants to be eat quickly so she can see the world around her. Never thought I would sometimes miss those hour long nursing sessions!

We tried really hard, but she was way too interested
in her MamaRoo to look at the camera.

I had a three day weekend due to my boss being out of town on Friday, so Lily and I made the most of it. Friday morning she had two vaccinations, which were no big deal since it was the second round of dTap and oral rotavirus. I already knew from the first round that there would be no reaction, so it was smooth sailing. After we left, we headed to IKEA to meet up with my friend Melanie and her two lovely daughters, one of which is a month older than Lily. You may remember me mentioning Melanie and asking for prayer as she battled preeclampsia. Her little girls are absolutely gorgeous and we had a lot of fun hanging out and walking through IKEA. I stopped at Old Navy as well and picked up a cute little white romper for her "Easter" outfit... I initially went in for a hat since she needs one for when we're outside but left with a little skirt, the romper, and the hat. Oh well! After we left, Lily and I came home to hang out for a few hours and FedEx delivered our new iPad! I absolutely love it and am having so much fun with it! Later that evening we headed down the street to babysit my Greek kids. Normally I only hang out with them on Saturday nights, but they needed Friday too this week. I brought along the pack 'n play this time, and it worked out beautifully. Lily kept her normal routine as a result and didn't even wake up when I put her back in the car at the end of the night. She's a deep sleeper like I used to be before being responsible for babies overnight in my overnight baby nurse days...that pretty much beat it out of me. ;)

Lily slept until 9:30 AM on Saturday morning, and Minnie E came over for breakfast. I made her waffles (from scratch) and she went over some Photoshop stuff that I had questions about. She also brought along the Canon 24-105 mm L series lens to play with, and that was a lot of fun. We have some big plans for photoshoots of Lily and Mr. Carter this spring!

Speaking of spring... the pollen in Atlanta has arrived in full force. No big shocker considering the 80 degree temps. My black Honda Fit is black with a dusty yellow tint for the time being. All I can do is pray for lots of rain to tamp it down a little bit...but we really just have to suffer through it with the help of Claritin/Zyrtec until it goes away.

Yesterday Ethan was pretty busy working extra jobs for St. Patrick's Day. He worked at a local bar from 5 AM to 3 PM and came home to crash. Yes, people really start drinking green beer at 7 AM on St. Patrick's Day. We left him sleeping to go babysit again, and he left at 8:30 to work 9 PM-4 AM at another bar. My husband was so dead on his feet when he was done with all of that. I appreciate how hard he works for us.

Our new mattress was delivered today! I mentioned that we had purchased a 100% latex mattress two weeks ago, and the factory makes them as they are ordered, so that's why there was a wait. The wait was totally worth it, because we already slept on it and I woke up with no stiffness anywhere! Super happy about this. The new mattress is also a few inches shorter in height that our old pillowtop, and it actually makes the headboard look better. Winners all around. After it was delivered and Ethan had it set up, I headed out to meet my friend Lindsay to go over some marketing for our company... we met at Starbucks and I finally used one of my gift cards that has been hanging out in my wallet for a decaf Frappucino. I don't know how caffeine would affect Lily, so I have avoided it entirely since she was born. If I ever do try it, it will be in the morning so that it won't affect her night sleep...but the only caffeine I ever really ingested before she was born was sweet tea and sometimes soda.... so it's not like I miss it...okay, I admit that I miss the sweet tea sometimes.

The week ahead is pretty low-key. I'm just putting some final finishing touches on the shower planning for my sister-in-law to be and relaxing.


Hope all of you had a great weekend as well!

Comments

Popular Posts