14 weeks old!
I decided to take this photo using the tripod and remote shutter... since she refuses to smile if a camera is blocking my face. :) Voila! This is how she is most of the time when she's awake.
Ethan and I have enjoyed a lazy Sunday thanks to Lily napping from 9-11:30 AM and then 1-2:45 PM. We took advantage of it and took naps too. The extinction sleep training went very well... she wasn't crying at all when we put her down awake for her naps today, so here's hoping it goes the same way tonight. I'll be sure to post about exactly what we did for those interested in trying it with their own little ones when they think they're ready for it.
I'd like to end my post today by sharing this blog post by another blogger. My friend Becca shared it on Facebook, and it is honestly SO true. Even though there are moments when you're tired, when you wonder if you were crazy to have kids, when you think you may never sleep a full night again, or realize your life will never be the same....parenting is amazing and the joy and amazing moments far, far, far outweigh the challenging ones. I've only been a mom for three months, and I already know this without a doubt. I hope the post encourages those of you out there who have had to deal with negativity about children/parenting from others and also helps those of you veteran and "retired" parents know what to say the next time you interact with new parents!

Comments