4 months old


4 Months!
At 4 months old, Lily has quite the big personality. Strangers comment on how friendly and smiley she is. She is constantly "standing" with her legs when she is sitting in our laps, and rolls over whenever she feels like it from back to tummy. She enjoys grabbing objects dangling from her activity mat and yanking them as hard as she can. She much prefers to be in a sitting position to lying on the floor though, so she is often perched on someone's knee and needs very little to no support other than on her legs to remain upright. (I'm betting she'll be sitting unassisted by 6 months). As such, Lily's favorite carrier is the Maya Wrap and she loves the hip carry as it allows her to be in a sitting position and look out but turn away easily when she's had enough. I'm her favorite person in the entire world. Big surprise, as I'm the source of food and the person she sees every waking moment. Woe to the person who tries to remove her from my arms without getting to know her first. She will let them know how unhappy she is with that! I've assured Ethan this will change in time and I'll be ignored whenever he's around. I've seen it repeatedly with all my previous charges. They go through mommy/daddy phases.

Sleeping is going great! She started sleeping through the night pretty consistently in the last week (just in time for my goal!) with a bedtime of 7:15 latest, and up around 7ish for the day. Feeding her once in the night is not a problem if she gets hungry. Naps are starting to lengthen and regularize and my goal is for her to have a pretty set nap schedule by 6 months tops. Currently she goes down every 2ish hours and naps for an hour or so, sometimes longer. Some days she will nap for 1.5-2.5 hours. It just isn't regular yet, and it's not supposed to be.  Cloth diapering continues to be totally awesome, and we're still experimenting with the best combination of inserts for her overnight diapers.

Our first road trip is coming up this weekend! I'm excited to test out some baby products that I'll be reviewing on the site next week. The products were not provided to me - I purchased them myself, and I am not being compensated for my review. I just absolutely love to research and try out new products and let other moms out there know what's a "must-have" and a "do without".

Thanks to all of you who have voted! We moved up to #328 in less than 24 hours on Top Baby Blogs! Keep those votes coming if you think this blog deserves your vote, and maybe we'll see the top 20!

Comments

Popular Posts