BIG news!


I noticed that Lily was really trying to roll a couple of days ago. I removed the jungle mat and put toys to her side as motivators. Yesterday she tried and tried SO hard, and I stalked her with a video camera at all times. I wouldn't leave her on the floor if I had to leave the room because I was NOT going to miss it for anything. I was determined to get that first roll on video so we'd always have it to watch, and so that our families could see it for themselves since they live out of state. She never did roll yesterday.... but today....


Please excuse my excited screaming at the end of the video. I am a big cheerleader with kids, and did the same thing with my kids in therapy. Their fight was my fight. I was holding my breath each time she tried and literally straining along with her. She has rolled several times from back to belly since, and I will be practicing with her to encourage it so she doesn't lose the skill! We'll work on rolling from belly to back too. When she rolls onto her tummy, she immediately pulls her knees under her. Next: pushing up with those arms... we're building the crawling skills! Of course, this means sleep this week might not be so great since she'll be rolling all over the crib. That's okay though - totally worth the tradeoff!

Comments

Popular Posts