Year in review
2011 has been a great year! So much has happened.... so we'll have our year in review with a few pictures.
January: My charge Symmes almost died from a SIDS event in 2010. This event forever changed my life. Oddly enough, instead of scaring me away from the idea of being a parent, it solidified that I wanted to be one. We celebrated his one year survival anniversary.
February: Steelers win the Super Bowl! Here we go Steelers! Ethan and I also took a trip to Las Vegas for a long weekend, flew first class, and had the best time.
March: We confirm I'm pregnant with Lily, and Ethan and I FINALLY share one common day off, which is completely awesome. We start making a habit of going out to brunch and spending that entire day together. So much fun.
April: I go to Mexico for a long weekend with one of my best friends, Emily and we are upgraded for free to the VIP suites at check-in. Super fun trip aside from the morning sickness. My beloved Grandma Hajek passes away, which is difficult for all of us. Her passing makes me realize I have no tolerance for my job anymore, and I make the decision to put in my resignation to leave after Memorial Day weekend.
May: My Grandma Ginger comes to visit for Memorial Day weekend, and I successfully managed to hide that I was pregnant thanks to Zofran. I leave my job that I've been at for 2 years with no intention of going back to work.
June: We announce the pregnancy at 15 weeks to our family. I start going a little bit crazy with all of my free time with not working, but make the most of the month by traveling to NC to see my grandparents, sister, and friends at Ocean Isle Beach.
July: I am contacted about, interview for, and am hired on the spot at the interview as Moira's part-time nanny. I work full time for 4 weeks while she's out of school and then part-time when school starts in mid-August.
August: Ethan starts graduate school at GSU.
September: I pass my glucose test with flying colors, FINALLY start showing the pregnancy, and announce in person to quite a few of my friends.
October: We celebrate my 31st birthday in New York City with Phillip and Irene, and just have a blast visiting with them. I also have my first baby shower thrown by my sister and grandma (with the help of my best friend Erica) in Charlotte. We also assemble the changing table and finish up all of our house projects.
November: Second baby shower in Atlanta, last prenatal visit with our doula, and Thanksgiving with my parents. Lily Catherine is born exactly how we wanted... no drugs, no intervention, and born into water right into Ethan's waiting hands. We are shocked (and thrilled) that we have a daughter after 9 months of not knowing!
December: Ethan gets great grades in his grad classes thanks to the help of my family and best friend coming to stay during his crunch times so he can study and write his paper. We settle into life with Lily, get Lily's social security card, and spent a sweet, sweet Christmas with my parents and sister. Lily turns one month old, and we also celebrate Ethan's 30th birthday!
So there you have it....our 2011 in review with the monthly highlights. It's been such a fun year....but 2012 is going to be even MORE fun. I may not post as often since I'll be spending lots of time raising my beautiful little girl. Happy New Year to all of you!!!!
Okay, so this picture wasn't actually taken on New Year's Eve,
but on the evening we came home from the hospital with Lily...but it works!






Comments