Sister time
My parents left early this morning for Florida to spend a few days with my grandfather, but they're coming back on Thursday or Friday for the weekend on their way home to Charlotte. My sister Caroline is here until Wednesday morning, and we've been loving our sister time. Caroline and I went out and ran errands in between feedings for Lily which was a lot of fun (Ethan stayed home and took care of her while we were gone).

This evening I managed to clean my entire house while Lily was nestled into her Aunt Caroline's arms. Both of them were sound asleep for a good two hours. ***I do not allow Lily to sleep with anyone on the couch unless I'm awake and supervising. Too many accidents with infants happen while sleeping on couches and it's a huge cause of infant death by suffocation.***

It was so nice to be productive, organize, and put things away where they belonged. I hate when things are out of place, and so does Ethan. Chaos is not something either of us enjoy at all. Ethan is currently working an extra job until 9:30, so he'll be pleasantly surprised when he gets home to see that everything has been restored to its usual state. Once I don't have people here to help with Lily, I'll just use the Moby or the Ergo to get things done. I'm sure it will work just fine! It's all about improvisation around here. ;)
Tomorrow is Ethan's birthday and I'm so excited! Birthdays are a big deal in my family, and I think Ethan is finally excited for the first time...at least that I've seen. Of course, that may have something to do with the several gifts sitting out for him that he wants to open.
Speaking of gifts: Ethan gave me a KitchenAid mixer for Christmas! I have been wanting one since I was 17 years old and I earned my cake decorating certification. I kid you not. When I opened the box I was completely speechless since Ethan's insistence that I not buy one all these years ("We don't have the space, etc. etc. etc.") kept me from buying one. He also gave me a new Kindle in a case with a book light (and my in-laws gave me a Kindle gift certificate!), but the most thoughtful gift was a pillow for me to sit back on while nursing or pumping. He even made sure it matched the room. Ethan never fails to amaze me with what he comes up with every year for my birthday and Christmas. He knows me well...and knows exactly what to get me every single year. I'm always surprised by it too! I'm so excited for tomorrow... I'm hoping that some of my birthday presents to Ethan will be a welcome surprise. He's SO hard to surprise!

Comments