1 month old and 30 years old

Today Lily is one month old! Thus begins a new photo series in addition to the weekly ones. I am huge on digital documentation if you haven't figured that out already. ;)

At one month old, Lily is becoming more and more alert. She can hold her head up for long periods of time and turn her neck as well... she does this often and looks around a lot. Fans that are moving hold her attention for a long time, and she also spends a lot of time studying faces and makes a lot of eye contact. She interacts in the form of facial expressions when spoken to. The expressions make us all laugh a lot because a lot of the time she just looks so serious! She looks a LOT like me expression wise. Lily only fusses when she needs something (milk, diaper change, burp, change of pace) and is a content and happy baby the majority of the time. She is now sleeping for 4-5 hour stretches at night, and she is swaddled whenever she sleeps. (I'm a big proponent of swaddling!)

Ethan is 30 years old today. Lily and I gave him lots of presents.... clothes from the Gap and Duluth Trading Company, a compass, a chargeable phone charger (the charger holds a charge from charging....so you can charge your phone on the go), and a few other things. He also got the Zippo handwarmers he wanted from my parents, so he was super happy about that! My sister graciously made chicken kelly, which is a family favorite of chicken, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. We also got him a slice of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory complete with a candle for his birthday dessert. Ethan LOVES cheesecake... but we just got a cheesecake sampler from Junior's in New York from the Fishers, so I didn't want to get a whole one again! I'm trying to get rid of all the holiday goodies in the house, not add more.

Tomorrow morning my sister leaves, and Lily and I are going out to run a bunch of errands. We have several returns and exchanges to make around town. Hopefully it won't be too crowded since it's a couple days after Christmas, but there's nothing I can't do with the Moby wrap!

Comments

Popular Posts