Gramie and Grandpa visit

All is well here on the home front. Lily Catherine continues to be very chill and relaxed. We gave her the first real bath yesterday since her umbilical cord stump fell off on Sunday. Still not sure if she has an innie or an outie belly button...

We started our foray into cloth diapering today! It's so much fun and has been successful so far. I will say you have to change cloth diapers more often than disposables but it's way better for her anyway. We're using the disposables that we have at night until we have the hang of it 100% (probably a week or so) and then will dive into full-time diapering. YouTube is actually really helpful for demonstrating the different diaper folds with prefolds, and I have found the hemp doublers from Babee Greens to be amazing as far as absorbency goes.

I am really making progress towards total recovery. Walking and getting up is much easier and my muscles have recovered enormously. It's a huge difference from even just a couple of days ago, and I haven't had to take ibuprofen at all in the last couple of days.

My parents visited this past weekend, and it was so awesome to see them with their first grandchild. Having my mom around was amazing... she can predict my own needs before I even know them and had a sandwich or water in front of me every time I needed it, and was just an amazing emotional support. When she left I cried... I think partially because (A) I really didn't want her to leave and (B) I realized that little girls will always need their moms and now I have a little girl of my own. So mom, I love you. Thank you for all you are, all you have done, and all you will do. Lily Catherine is blessed to have you as a grandmother, and I'm so blessed to have you as my mom. I can't wait for my parents to return, but I'm blessed enough to have MY grandparents here with us for the next couple of days to love on us and Lily. (and you know I'll be posting about their visit too).

So, here are some photos from my parents' visit!


You don't know this yet, Lily, but your Grandpa is an amazing guy. He knows all about raising little girls because of your Aunt Caroline and I. We had such a fun childhood! You're going to have a LOT of fun with him as you grow up. He plays the guitar, writes hilarious poems and songs, and will tease you lots. He will definitely be one of your favorite people.

Your Gramie is also pretty amazing. I wouldn't be who I was if she wasn't my mom. She taught me a lot about being a mom who asks questions and researches everything to the max to make the best possible decisions! She's super smart, and she loves to read out loud... she will never say no to your request to be read a book. She's also super patient and will make sure to explain things to you very carefully. She also loves to teach, so she's always looking for those "teachable" moments. You're incredibly lucky to have her as your grandma!

Comments

Popular Posts