Day 1 of parent-directed feedings
Lily slept last night from 10:45-3 AM, and then again from 4-7:15 AM. All by herself with no need to let her fuss for a little bit. She might just naturally fall into that pattern...we'll see what happens. One night isn't exactly an indicator of how the next few weeks will go. Her feedings and naps today went well, and she cluster fed as usual in the afternoon/early evening. My goal is to have her sleeping 7-8 hour stretches after her dream feed at 10 PM by the time she's 12 weeks old. Hopefully I attain that goal like all the other ones I set for myself with the pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
Today after her morning nap, we wrapped her up in the Moby and headed out to run a marathon errand session. We went to Lowe's, Target, Interactive Video, Stacy's Pharmacy, New Baby Products, and even got the car washed. New Baby Products is right next to our favorite car wash... so I was actually able to feed Lily in the store (it's very mom and baby friendly) with a nursing cover while Ethan ran next door to get the car washed. We then headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, stopped at Marshall's, and then made a dropoff to Goodwill before heading home. We were out for a good 4 hours, and it was definitely good practice for me! I think the backseat of my car is going to be my preferred nursing spot when out and about, so we have put the Boppy pillow in the hatch so I always have access to it. The Boppy is actually a terrible pillow for nursing, but it will work on the fly. I have a different nursing pillow that is hard foam that I prefer. I'm going to be making practice runs over the next few weeks so she and I can get the hang of nursing on the go since once I go back to work I'll have to feed her at least once. If it doesn't work very well to feed her, I will resort to a pumped bottle at work for that one feeding and just pump in my car after she has taken her bottle. We'll see how it all goes! Flexibility (with structure) is the key.
Ethan has finally finished everything in the house and touched up every single room with paint. Now it just has to be reorganized and cleaned... which we're doing tonight and tomorrow. I guess the whole "nesting" thing kicked in after she arrived...although to be fair, he was planning on doing this before she was born on December 17th. Haha.
My parents arrive tomorrow which I'm super excited about! Ethan heads back to work on Wednesday. It will be nice having my parents here while he is at work - but even if they weren't, Lily and I would be fine. We have a pretty predictable schedule at this point and I have no problem getting out and about with her to go and do something. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work so that we have definite plans every day to be out of the house. But right now I'm just soaking up all the baby snuggle time and enjoying the time I have with her all day long with just us. Ethan is headed to a party tonight, but we're staying home... I would rather get a couple of hours of sleep! :)

Comments