6 years ago today....


6 years ago today, Ethan and I exchanged vows in front of our family and friends. We were legally married in August in a civil ceremony, but we still celebrate both dates. This year we won't be heading out on a date since we have a little 6 day old baby girl, but I wanted to stop and take the time to remember our anniversary.

Ethan is an amazing, amazing, amazing husband who loves me so much. I always knew this because he always made sure I knew in a multitude of ways, but now that we have a baby, it's on a whole different level. He was a rock during labor and delivery, and has been nothing but loving and supportive this entire time. He makes sure to tell me multiple times per day that he still thinks I'm gorgeous even though I feel like a bit of a train wreck physically. He asks what he can do to help make things easier.

Here's an example: He knew that I really, really, really wanted a manicure because I wasn't able to get one before Lily Catherine arrived as planned.... so yesterday, he made an appointment at my favorite nail place here in Atlanta (Sugarcoat) and took me there after I had fed Lily. I am not cleared to drive until my physical checkup at 2 weeks, so I can't just get in the car and go wherever I want (not that I would!) He came back right away when I was done to pick me up, and Lily had slept the entire time. I didn't worry for one second while I was gone because I knew she was in good hands and he knew what he was doing. Getting my nails done was amazing... simple and not that big of a life-changing event, but it was awesome to get out of the house and do something "normal".

Each day since we married each other back in August, I found myself loving him more and more (even though I didn't think that was possible) and now when I see him with our daughter I don't even know if my heart can take it!

And since I know a lot of you are visiting to find out the latest on Lily Catherine, I'll share a photo I snapped of her with my camera phone while taking a nap on our bed. (We don't leave her unattended) She loves to sleep on her side, just like her daddy, and often has her hands up by her face EXACTLY the way that Ethan sleeps. She also loves to stretch while waking up. It's hilarious to see, because even Ethan has to admit that she's just like him sleep-wise. We know this from all the stretching she did while I was pregnant with her, but it's just funny to see her with the same behavior outside!


She's a typical newborn sleeper, and eats every 2-3 hours, sometimes every 90 minutes, but not often. When she's awake, she's very alert and makes eye contact with us for a long time. Watching her sneeze is hilarious (she sneezes in triplicate like me and there's a huge buildup to the sneeze) and she hiccups a lot as well. At first the hiccups freaked her out but she's used to them now. She's been such a great baby, and I can't complain! I can definitely say that I love this motherhood gig. ;)


Comments

Popular Posts