3 week growth spurt

We have hit the 3 week growth spurt a little bit early. Lily is nursing around the clock every hour or so. This should last a few days...in the meantime, I am literally sleeping while she sleeps.

Except for right now.


That's my view when I look to my left. Snapped with my phone camera, so the quality isn't the greatest. I figured now was the time to catch up on emails and write a little blog post since I've already had two naps today. Sleeping while she sleeps makes the being up most of the night totally manageable. I don't believe in drinking coffee, and never will. (I know it can be done because my mom never drank it and she somehow survived)

The living room is still in the office. Ethan had to put a few more coats of the sealant on, so we'll be doing the furniture rearrangement and then do the office tomorrow. No big. We'll definitely be doing takeout food tonight though since the kitchen is pretty much non-operational right now thanks to every square inch of counter space being covered with chairs, etc. Ethan also announced that we are now a shoe-free household. He bought a hanging rack for the back of the HVAC closet door which is right by our front door. That way nobody trips over shoes in the hallway, etc.

So, why shoe-free? I worked for several families that had the shoe-free policy in their house. At first we thought it was weird and a little bit over the top until we thought about all of the gross things we step on every day (animal waste, pesticides, etc). When you have little crawlers that are constantly putting their hands in their mouths, it becomes even more important. Especially Ethan with his police boots...there has been many a murder scene he's been present at. Anyway, since the floors are now as clean as they will ever be, he wanted to go ahead and start the shoe-free policy early. I was going to wait until Lily was actually crawling when it would be important to make sure we didn't have floors ridden with disgusting germs and pesticide residue, but it makes sense to start now. So if you visit... you'll be asked to remove your shoes and put them in the closet. Most of our friends already remove their shoes to begin with when they come in anyway, so it's not too big of a change for them. You're welcome to bring your own slippers or "house shoes" as long as those slippers haven't been outside. :)

This weekend will be pretty low-key and just spent together. Ethan goes back to work on either Tuesday or Wednesday (I'm thinking Wednesday since there's a party he plans on going to on Monday night). My parents arrive on Tuesday night, and my sister arrives on Saturday. I'm so excited that my whole family will be here on Christmas. I can't remember the last time we were all actually together on Christmas Day... I actually don't think we've ever all been together with Ethan on Christmas Day! It's a miracle that my sister has this time off, so we're taking advantage of it. Ethan will be working in the evenings too, so it will be great to have my family here with me while he's gone. I have managed to wrap most of the gifts, and just have a couple more left to do. Other than that, everything's pretty much set for Christmas! I didn't get to bake as many Christmas cookies as I wanted to this year, but I consider the batch of peanut butter blossoms I made a great success. Next year I'll be able to bake my spritz cookies too.

Lily is starting to wake up, so I'm going to get going so I can get in some baby snuggles.

Comments

Popular Posts