15 weeks, 4 days... and other happenings

Today is a "better" day as far as feeling sick. I do want to clarify one thing though: I am NOT complaining or asking for sympathy when I talk about being sick. Please don't feel sorry for me or think "poor thing" or tell people I've had such a hard time. I know other expectant moms who have a port or a PICC line to deliver continuous meds or have been hospitalized on bed rest. I also know many friends who would give anything to have morning sickness because they have been unable to get pregnant for YEARS. So what if I feel sick a lot and throw up? Is it fun? Not at all. Que sera, sera. Really, I am documenting it for myself so I can look back with successive pregnancies and compare. I am very much enjoying every second of being pregnant, and while the nausea and vomiting are definitely annoying, they are not putting a damper on anything for me at all. If I threw up every single day the entire pregnancy, I would still enjoy being pregnant, and I don't think anyone would say it wasn't worth it for the end result. :) And that's what matters, right? Everyone who knows me knows that I'm very much a "Life is what you make it" type of person.

Baby Ridge is making his/her presence known to me much more. Whenever I bend over a certain way, there's some squirming action going on... almost as if in protest. "Hey mom! You mind? You're squishing me here!" At night when I'm sleeping there are some thuds happening. Still not noticeable from the outside, but I definitely notice them. The movements are getting stronger by the day though! Spare me the future soccer player/gymnast jokes... all babies move...they're supposed to. :)

I had Dawn and her kids over to swim again this morning and we spent 4 hours hanging out which was great. I'm having three girlfriends over for dinner tomorrow night and am very excited... those of you who know me know how much I love entertaining and being the hostess. I'm making baked ziti, and my friends are each bringing something as well to contribute to the meal. Ethan will be busy doing homework, and this way I get to gab with my girlfriends and won't have leftovers! Everybody wins.

So, I was able to get out of the house and do grocery shopping and clean the house for tomorrow... that's pretty good! If I can just continue the trend and have dinner ready for Ethan when he gets home, we'll chalk this day up as a win!

Comments

Popular Posts