The Pink Pig

Firstly: Violet slept awesome last night, and it appears her growth spurt nursing has tapered off. She let us sleep for 4 hours, woke to nurse for 15 minutes, and then slept another 3 hours. It was awesome. Bigger chunks of sleep always leave me feeling so refreshed!

After a breakfast of homemade waffles, we left to head to Lenox Mall to ride the Pink Pig. It's been a thing in Atlanta for 50 years and I was so excited to take Lily because I knew she would absolutely love it. Riding the Pink Pig is something that will be a tradition for our family every year. We wanted to go as early as possible in the season to avoid long lines and a crowded mall. We parked right next to the Pink Pig ride (it's set up in a tent in the Macy's parking deck) and walked in. Lily really enjoyed it - although Ethan and I were a little cramped with our long legs! The ride circled the track three times and then we were done. Violet rode too, but due to their crazy rule that you can't have any lap children, my 3 week old had to sit up with my assistance in the seat next to me. You also aren't allowed to ride it if you're pregnant or think you might be... people, come on... this ride goes like 2 miles an hour! We just laughed about it, and Violet was just fine. You can see her at the bottom right of this photo.


After the ride, we headed into the mall because I wanted to pick up a couple of accessories at Baby Gap for Violet's outfit that she's wearing in our family pictures which Hailey Kemper will be taking Thanksgiving week. I also wanted to see the new iPad Air and iPad mini at the Apple store. I found the exact accessories I wanted at Baby Gap, and the new iPads were very cool! Not cool enough for me to want to upgrade just yet - I'm saving my pennies for a Canon L lens that I really want (the 24-70mm). 

After we finished with that we headed home for lunch, and put both girls down for a nap. My Baukjen dress arrived from London via FedEx which I am SO excited about. I'll be wearing it for the photos in a few weeks, and it is absolutely gorgeous. In my recent maternity photos, I'm wearing the ruched tank dress by Isabella Oliver, and Baukjen is their non-maternity sister company. I cannot say enough good things about their dresses. They are worth every penny, and they often have sales and promotions...remember, I don't pay full retail for anything! ;) 

I've been busy planning the little details for the pictures and for Lily's second birthday party as well. We didn't think we were going to have a party for her because I didn't want to commit to it and then be disappointed if it didn't work out. I didn't know exactly Violet would arrive or if I would have a short/long recovery, etc. Since I recovered 100% so quickly, we are headed home for Thanksgiving with my family and will host her birthday party on her actual birthday which is the day before Thanksgiving this year. I'm not really doing a theme, but I had a lot fun designing her party invitations and have been working on her cupcake design as well. I'll be making the cupcakes and buttercream icing myself. I love planning events. It is just so much fun for me and I love the little details of it all!

We're heading to the park again this afternoon when they wake up (we had so much fun there yesterday afternoon!) and running a couple small errands as well. It's been a good day! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts