Lily's Second Birthday
My parents graciously hosted Lily's party at their house in Charlotte again this year so that all of our family and close friends could join us to celebrate. We have many friends in Atlanta as well - but due to her birthday being right around Thanksgiving and our wanting my grandparents to be able to attend, we chose to celebrate in Charlotte. I really prefer to celebrate birthdays on the actual day of whenever possible!
My family was a huge help in getting everything ready for the party the day before and the day of since I wasn't feeling well at all and often had to sit down to nurse. Having a six week old sometimes makes logistics a bit challenging! There is NO way we would have been able to pull everything off as seamlessly as we did without the help of my parents and sister. I love how they always ask, "What can we do to help?", and I can honestly answer and they'll pitch in. I am extremely blessed on the family front!
We served spaghetti with meatballs for dinner. My sister made the sauce the night before in the crockpot, and we picked up the meatballs from this wonderful place in Charlotte called Pasta & Provisions. Dad made his famous bread, and we also had salad. I chose to make cupcakes this year rather than a cake, and tried out swiss meringue buttercream frosting (which my sister made) from Martha Stewart which was a big hit. I insisted on making and decorating her cupcakes myself... it's a mom thing. Even though she would never know the difference and won't remember, I will.
We enjoyed seeing everyone and celebrating Lily - as well as introducing Violet to those who hadn't yet met her. For those who weren't able to come but were there in spirit: here's a ton of pictures so you can feel like you were there too! :)
![]() |
| The birthday girl and mama (aka moi) |
![]() |
| Lily with her older cousin and Aunt Sharon |
![]() |
| Grandma Ridge with Violet |
![]() |
| Grandma and Grandpa Ridge meeting Violet |
![]() |
| Aunt Caroline and Violet |
![]() |
| Stephanie snuggling Violet |
![]() |
| Aunt Erica and Violet |
![]() |
| Opening gifts |
![]() |
| Showing me her shirt from Gramie and Grandpa |
![]() |
Cousins (they are exactly 13 months apart to the day)![]() |
![]() |
| Our gift to Lily: a Kinderfeet balance bike |
![]() |
| (Don't worry, we didn't forget a helmet) |
![]() |
| Her face says it all |
![]() |
| Lily's birthday cupcake tower |
![]() |
| Lily was enthralled by the candles |
![]() |
| Blowing out the first candle (she knew exactly what to do!) |
![]() |
| Digging in! |
![]() |
| Our birthday girl |

























Comments