Multitasking


Ethan headed off to work his neighborhood patrol extra job this morning, so I decided I would take the girls on a long walk rather than wait for him to get home this afternoon. We live in a really walkable neighborhood, and we live really close to a shopping complex with a grocery store, Target, etc. I had a return I needed to make to one of the stores in the complex and needed a few groceries, so I decided to multitask by getting my walk in while getting the errands done. I am the super organized planner type, and I like to get things done efficiently and effectively when possible. I always consider logistics when making a plan of attack for just about anything.  Lest anyone think that I'm a total Girl Scout....I'm a true adrenaline junkie: I didn't even take the diaper bag with us. ;)

The walk was just over 3 miles roundtrip, and Lily enjoyed it quite a lot. I just tried to keep up a decent pace and struggled a little with the hills (I'm still not quite back in top fighting form) but we made it alive and in one piece. After lunch, I put Lily down for her nap and popped Violet into my Maya wrap ring sling so I could take care of folding and putting the laundry and cloth diapers away. Lily napped for 2.5 hours... I guess the walk wore her out!

My sweet friend Lindsay dropped off a dinner and some soups and bread last night for some meals for us, so we are eating one of her meals tonight for dinner. The soups are delicious and such an easy way to make lunch for myself... I just pop in the microwave to heat up and voila. We have done pretty well planning meals and cooking, but it is so nice to have a break sometimes and not have to worry about it some evenings.

Lindsay has so much going on in her own life that I was truly amazed she even found the time to deliver food to us, and it was SO appreciated! For those who read the blog and pray, please pray for Lindsay's mother in law. Doctors recently discovered a large tumor near her heart. Lindsay has been helping her mother in law a lot with doctor and hospital visits, and she is scheduled for major surgery Thanksgiving week. I know Lindsay and her family will appreciate your prayers!

Comments

Popular Posts