Maternity photos - round two
While we were in Charlotte on our quick trip, I was fortunate enough to be able to have maternity photos taken by the talented Hailey Kemper. Hailey is an old high school classmate of Ethan's, and so I feel like by default I've known her forever even though I haven't. One of these days, she and I will actually hang out without me paying her to do it. ;)
The day of, I went and had my nails, hair, and makeup done (hey, why not?), and by the time the one hour shoot was over, I was EXHAUSTED. All that laying down and moving around and such was definitely a lot of work for this pregnant lady, and I was up with contractions from 11-2 that night from all the movement. It was all completely worth it though.
Hailey also took family photos of us last summer when Lily was just a baby. If you're in the Charlotte. North Carolina area, I highly recommend Hailey to capture your family and/or children. She's incredibly patient, has a great sense of humor, will get herself into all sorts of crazy positions to get the shots she needs, and clearly knows what she's doing. Oh, and she's mostly self taught also but does attend workshops to further her art. Most importantly (to me) is that she doesn't make you do any cheesy posing and just captures life as it unfolds, which has always been my preference for photography! We are definitely hoping she'll be able to take photos of our family of 4 sometime in the late fall/early winter if we manage to make it back up to Charlotte. Yes folks, she's worth a 4 hour drive!
I'll let Hailey's photos speak for themselves. Every photo she sent me back from our session I absolutely loved - but these are the ones I'm choosing to share as she was kind enough to watermark them for me so I could share them on the blog since I specifically requested that she not post to her photography Facebook page or photography blog until after Baby Ridge 2.0 has safely arrived.
![]() |
| Seriously, how cute is this? |
![]() |
| My favorite solo photo |
![]() |
| Lily's face when she feels her sibling move |
![]() |
| Chatting about her sibling |







Comments
So happy you're happy with them. That top one and your favorite solo portrait are both my favorites. Like I said, you look like a model!
You look amazing!