Workout routine & Crock pot cooking

I rolled out of bed at 8:45 this morning to make Ethan his breakfast and get ready for my workout... Dawn (my friend 5 weeks behind me) and I said that once it started getting cooler in the mornings, we would walk 2-3 times per week. Well, that time has come, and our first walk was today. We went just over 3 miles in little under an hour, which is a pretty good pace. The route that we took is pretty hilly, and we took turns pushing the stroller with her charge in it. I'm glad that we'll be getting outdoors and exercising because it's definitely nice to be able to work out with a friend and talk at the same time. I came home and did some weights and squats... I want to make sure I'm ready for the marathon of labor! Plus, now that I think I'm finally starting to gain some weight, it will keep my gain controlled. I'm not interested in gaining one pound more than I actually need to.

After working a couple of days with the 13 month old, I let the mother know it wasn't going to work out. The mother is a nervous first time helicopter parent...very sweet, but just not my style. I've been doing this a really long time, and know more than pretty much every parent I've ever met. My thing is... if you don't want to let someone else take care of your child for whatever reason...don't! Do the work yourself. I prefer to work unhindered, and no amount of money is worth dealing with constant interruptions from a mother who can't let a babysitter do their job. Her poor child is suffering from separation anxiety, which is further fueled by her mother's constant appearances. I was very nice about it, and just told her that I just didn't think we were a good match because our styles were very different, and I thought that both of us would be happier with a different situation. She felt badly, but agreed. So, I'll be filling my mornings with walking, cooking, and taking naps as necessary!

After I finished working out, I busied myself in the kitchen. My goal is to use my crockpot more (at least once per week), so today I made this. I set the timer to cook it on low and headed to pick up Mo. When I came home, the house smelled SO good. I can't wait to try more crockpot recipes.

We both got home by 6:15 tonight, and I made some mashed potatoes to go with it, as well as gravy from the au jus. Ethan loved it, and said that I make the best mashed potatoes he's ever tasted. I don't skimp on butter or milk when it comes to mashed potatoes, so I do have to take credit and I make some pretty darn good fluffy mashed potatoes. The pork was also incredibly tender, and while it was a bit on the salty side (even though I used low sodium soy sauce and didn't add any extra salt) I think I'll just add less of the dry onion soup mix or just chop real onions for next time! If anyone tries the recipe for themselves, it would also work quite well with a beef roast.

Time to go relax with my husband!

Comments

Popular Posts