Changing table ordered & cloth diaper prep finished
So, my cloth diapers are now officially prepped and ready for use. After being washed and dried multiple times and put through the absorbency test, I am finally happy with their level of readiness. They're all folded and in their basket. I am so not going to be one of those moms who waits until the last minute to get things done... I want to get everything finished as soon as I possibly can.
After much thought and debate, I decided to order a changing table after all. I wasn't sure if we would really want one since we have a piece of furniture in our room that could be used as one in a pinch....the major drawback being that it's not very high, which would require Ethan and I to double over to use it. I also was concerned about the lack of storage for all the diapering supplies, so the changing table has been ordered. It has two shelves, so it will be perfect... I can keep extra sheets, changes of clothes, etc...whatever I need, right there in a central location. Much to Ethan's chagrin. But he will come to accept it. (and the piece of furniture in our room will now be used as Baby Ridge's dresser and clothing storage, which works out perfectly since I didn't know where we were going to keep the baby clothes!) The changing table actually matches the crib we ordered in style and color even though they won't be in the same room... I just wanted something that had solid sides so Baby Ridge couldn't stick their feet out and get stuck during a change (been there, done that, no thanks). And of course, because I always have pictures of everything....
I think I'll have Ethan assemble it around Thanksgiving. I figured my dad can help. You ready for that, dad?
Tonight I'm going to see "The Help" with Emily... I was going to go on Monday night but the theater was experiencing technical difficulties so they refunded our money AND gave us free passes to come back and see the movie. Score. So, we're going to the 9:50 PM showing tonight. She's off work until Monday, and I don't have to be up until 2 PM, so that's why we're going so late. Honestly, in the first trimester, staying up that late would have been next to impossible, but it's easy to do now! I'm excited to see the movie as I really loved the book!
After much thought and debate, I decided to order a changing table after all. I wasn't sure if we would really want one since we have a piece of furniture in our room that could be used as one in a pinch....the major drawback being that it's not very high, which would require Ethan and I to double over to use it. I also was concerned about the lack of storage for all the diapering supplies, so the changing table has been ordered. It has two shelves, so it will be perfect... I can keep extra sheets, changes of clothes, etc...whatever I need, right there in a central location. Much to Ethan's chagrin. But he will come to accept it. (and the piece of furniture in our room will now be used as Baby Ridge's dresser and clothing storage, which works out perfectly since I didn't know where we were going to keep the baby clothes!) The changing table actually matches the crib we ordered in style and color even though they won't be in the same room... I just wanted something that had solid sides so Baby Ridge couldn't stick their feet out and get stuck during a change (been there, done that, no thanks). And of course, because I always have pictures of everything....
I think I'll have Ethan assemble it around Thanksgiving. I figured my dad can help. You ready for that, dad?
Tonight I'm going to see "The Help" with Emily... I was going to go on Monday night but the theater was experiencing technical difficulties so they refunded our money AND gave us free passes to come back and see the movie. Score. So, we're going to the 9:50 PM showing tonight. She's off work until Monday, and I don't have to be up until 2 PM, so that's why we're going so late. Honestly, in the first trimester, staying up that late would have been next to impossible, but it's easy to do now! I'm excited to see the movie as I really loved the book!

Comments