Movie review, musicals, etc.

I highly recommend the book, "The Help", and after you have read it...see the movie. Emily and I really enjoyed the movie and it was pretty true to the book except for two parts, but none of the deviations were detrimental to the main story. I may or may not have cried twice. (nothing to do with pregnancy)

I thought for sure I'd sleep in since I didn't get to bed until after 1 AM, but nope... I was wide awake at 9:15. ::sigh:: After Ethan left for work, I did some stuff around the house and then went to meet with a mom in the neighborhood who needs a babysitter for a couple of mornings a week for her thirteen month old daughter who is adorable. Our meeting went well, and I'll be babysitting for them every week a few mornings a week as needed until the beginning of December. I will not be returning to babysitting for them after Baby Ridge is born. I'm glad to have another small job to fill up some of my mornings since Ethan is at work every day except for Mondays, and he needs Mondays for studying purposes....if I'm around, I'm a distraction. So everybody wins.

I came home and attempted to take a nap because I was exhausted, but that failed. I guess maybe I was so tired I couldn't sleep? I don't know... but I forged ahead with the day and picked up Mo from school, took her home, and read a book with her and did some art projects. Left at 5:45 to meet Emily for dinner at El Azteca, and then we headed to the Alliance Theater to see our friend Aneli perform in Into The Works: Stephen Sondheim. It was a lot of fun, and there were tons of Sondheim songs from a lot of his productions. Aneli was amazing, and we had a good time. This was the first time I'd heard her sing... I'm such a sucker for musicals. Always have been! After the performance was over, we headed our separate ways and I came home.

Our fan arrived today and Ethan will install it when his brother Matt comes to visit. I'm excited, I think it's going to look awesome in the office!

Our trip to NYC in October is now bona fide 100% official...I booked the tickets tonight! We'll be there from Friday, October 14 to Monday October 17th and are so looking forward to it. I told Irene and Phillip that we have to find some fall festivals in the city so I can eat funnel cake and candied apples! It's going to be so much fun. I'm also excited about seeing "Mamma Mia" while we're there, and about getting to see the Fisher family. I worked for them for three years, and have not seen them since they moved to Texas 4 years ago. They moved from Texas to Kansas to Manhattan... crazy, I know, but that's just how they roll. Katrina was 3 years old when I first met her, and she is now 11. It will be so fun to see them and catch up! I am WAY too excited about New York...haha. We have such great memories there, and such wonderful friends... what's not to like? I look forward to taking our baby there for a trip....maybe for my 32nd birthday? ;)

Comments

Popular Posts