Earthquakes and other adventures
Today I spent the morning doing house things and other miscellaneous errands, and finally put my feet up around 1:30 to chill out and surf the Internet. At 1:55, my computer started bouncing up and down on my lap, and the house was SWAYING back and forth. I looked at my bottle of water on the coffee table and saw the water bouncing, and texted Ethan asking if Atlanta was having an earthquake. The swaying went on for a couple of minutes and I was beginning to wonder if I should leave the building and go outside and then it stopped. Ethan told me he didn't know what I was talking about and that he didn't feel anything. So I momentarily questioned my sanity...until I logged into Facebook and saw the multiple status updates about the earthquake in Virginia and tremors being felt all the way down the Eastern seaboard. Yep, no question about it... I felt it alright! I think the fact that our loft building literally stands on large concrete "stilts" had a large part of why I felt it so strongly as opposed to other people who were on the ground and didn't feel it at all. It was wild!
I left to get Mo at 2:30, took her to a playdate, took her home, and then came back home. Ethan and I then got ready to go have dinner at Cracker Barrel in Morrow ... with a cousin that he hadn't seen in over a decade, and that I had never met in person. Savanah and I have been friends on Facebook for a while now, and have talked about having dinner whenever she's in town for work... and it so happened tonight! We had a lot of fun talking and catching up, and I learned more about the Ridge family in the process. Family is HUGE to me, and to Ethan as well, so we love spending time and talking with family members... I am sure we'll be meeting up again in the future for a meal and more conversation! Savanah, if you're reading this - we LOVED our time with you and look forward to seeing you again hopefully sooner rather than later....definitely not a decade from now!
I knew Ethan and I were going to dwarf Savanah going in... good thing I didn't wear heels tonight! :)
Cousins
PS: Yes, Ethan really IS that tan.
I left to get Mo at 2:30, took her to a playdate, took her home, and then came back home. Ethan and I then got ready to go have dinner at Cracker Barrel in Morrow ... with a cousin that he hadn't seen in over a decade, and that I had never met in person. Savanah and I have been friends on Facebook for a while now, and have talked about having dinner whenever she's in town for work... and it so happened tonight! We had a lot of fun talking and catching up, and I learned more about the Ridge family in the process. Family is HUGE to me, and to Ethan as well, so we love spending time and talking with family members... I am sure we'll be meeting up again in the future for a meal and more conversation! Savanah, if you're reading this - we LOVED our time with you and look forward to seeing you again hopefully sooner rather than later....definitely not a decade from now!
PS: Yes, Ethan really IS that tan.

Comments