23 weeks, 1 day and the first baby shower I've ever been to...
So we're at 23 weeks at 1 day. Almost to viability....a big milestone. The next big one is 28 weeks (even better viability). Still feeling just fine with enough energy to get things done. Next week is my last full time week with Moira before she starts school. I have a lot of plans for my mornings and early afternoons, that's for sure. :)
Today I went to the first baby shower I have ever attended... it was for my friend Heather who is due September 18th with her first child. It's a little girl, and they have chosen the name Vivien. Even though the only person I knew at the shower was Heather, it was still a fun time. All of her friends were quite lovely, and her hostesses did an amazing job with her shower which had an owl/woodland theme. It was really cute. Heather looks awesome for being 35 weeks pregnant, and was amazed that I wasn't showing at 23 weeks. None of her other guests could believe it when she decided to announce that I was pregnant also with the third trimester right around the corner. Yep, you heard me... the slight belly that I had? Regressed. Gone. Poof. See for yourself! This was taken after I got home from the shower and none of the clothes I have on are maternity clothes. It's like my body can't make up its mind whether or not to look pregnant. Oh well! I have decided that I'll post weekly photos here, either on Friday or Saturday. They will of course be with me in clothes. No bare belly photos displayed here! (You're welcome, dad)
Baby Ridge is still hanging out super low and quite active these days. Transverse is the favorite position, but I feel flips and turns several times per day to other positions. Whatever works.
I ordered the rest of our cloth diapering supplies today for Baby Ridge from cottonbabies.com. I held off on ordering the larger infant sizes so that we can experiment with a lot of different newborn/smaller infant brands and see what we like and what works best for us. When they get here I will have to prep all the diapers by washing them multiple times to fluff them up... good thing my best friend Erica bought us some infant laundry detergent as a surprise. I actually need to tell that story as it is quite funny....
Last weekend, Erica and her younger sister Noelle came to visit. Erica was told at 15 weeks with the rest of our family members, but she hasn't been able to tell her family yet and won't get to until next weekend (when everyone else gets to tell the people they want to tell). However, I gave her special permission to tell Noelle however she wanted, as long as I got to see the reaction. (Reactions are so fun!) Anyway, the day they arrived, Noelle and I were sitting on the couch chatting. Erica walks up with a gift bag and hands it to me. I was a bit taken aback since I had no idea what it was and certainly wasn't expecting anything! Noelle's interest was piqued, and I pulled it out. Her first reaction was "Baby detergent? Why would you give her baby detergent?" I looked at her and nochalantly said, "Oh, you know, for the baby I'm having in December." "WHAT?!" It was really funny to see. :) Anyway, it truly was the perfect early gift since I am going to have to wash all the cloth diapers and clothing prior to use....which I will be doing once Moira goes back to school!
Time for me to get going and whip up some dinner for Ethan and I....hm....what to make?
Today I went to the first baby shower I have ever attended... it was for my friend Heather who is due September 18th with her first child. It's a little girl, and they have chosen the name Vivien. Even though the only person I knew at the shower was Heather, it was still a fun time. All of her friends were quite lovely, and her hostesses did an amazing job with her shower which had an owl/woodland theme. It was really cute. Heather looks awesome for being 35 weeks pregnant, and was amazed that I wasn't showing at 23 weeks. None of her other guests could believe it when she decided to announce that I was pregnant also with the third trimester right around the corner. Yep, you heard me... the slight belly that I had? Regressed. Gone. Poof. See for yourself! This was taken after I got home from the shower and none of the clothes I have on are maternity clothes. It's like my body can't make up its mind whether or not to look pregnant. Oh well! I have decided that I'll post weekly photos here, either on Friday or Saturday. They will of course be with me in clothes. No bare belly photos displayed here! (You're welcome, dad)
Baby Ridge is still hanging out super low and quite active these days. Transverse is the favorite position, but I feel flips and turns several times per day to other positions. Whatever works.
I ordered the rest of our cloth diapering supplies today for Baby Ridge from cottonbabies.com. I held off on ordering the larger infant sizes so that we can experiment with a lot of different newborn/smaller infant brands and see what we like and what works best for us. When they get here I will have to prep all the diapers by washing them multiple times to fluff them up... good thing my best friend Erica bought us some infant laundry detergent as a surprise. I actually need to tell that story as it is quite funny....
Last weekend, Erica and her younger sister Noelle came to visit. Erica was told at 15 weeks with the rest of our family members, but she hasn't been able to tell her family yet and won't get to until next weekend (when everyone else gets to tell the people they want to tell). However, I gave her special permission to tell Noelle however she wanted, as long as I got to see the reaction. (Reactions are so fun!) Anyway, the day they arrived, Noelle and I were sitting on the couch chatting. Erica walks up with a gift bag and hands it to me. I was a bit taken aback since I had no idea what it was and certainly wasn't expecting anything! Noelle's interest was piqued, and I pulled it out. Her first reaction was "Baby detergent? Why would you give her baby detergent?" I looked at her and nochalantly said, "Oh, you know, for the baby I'm having in December." "WHAT?!" It was really funny to see. :) Anyway, it truly was the perfect early gift since I am going to have to wash all the cloth diapers and clothing prior to use....which I will be doing once Moira goes back to school!
Time for me to get going and whip up some dinner for Ethan and I....hm....what to make?

Comments