House projects, etc.

Today was pretty low-key. I participated in a research survey and was given a twenty dollar bill at the end as an "appreciation fee". Our neighbor down the hall is a retired professor and she asked if I'd help her colleagues out. I can't say no to twenty bucks just to sit and answer questions for 30 minutes. The survey was interesting - they're researching trends with nannies in metro Atlanta. Most of the questions were yes/no answers, but some were open-ended. I had a lot to say for those answers. :)

When I got home I wasn't feeling super great, so I ended up taking a nap. That seemed to do the trick because I'm feeling fine now. Ethan took care of cooking dinner for us, and I used the time to order our new ceiling fan for the guest room. Having air circulation in there for when Baby Ridge is sleeping in the crib is important since fans are known to reduce the risk of SIDS. We all know I'm all about reducing the risk in whatever way I can! Ethan knew exactly which fan he wanted, so it wasn't too hard to find. We ordered the Minka Aire Artemis. Our guests will also enjoy the fan too when they're here. (never fear: guests will not be sharing with Baby Ridge...that's why the crib will have casters to move it elsewhere!) Here's a photo of the fan in question.



We have a couple of other house projects we'd like to finish before the baby arrives, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not. One is doing a tile backsplash in our kitchen... but that involves picking out the tile. We'll do the work ourselves...it's just finding the perfect tile that has been the problem. Too much to choose from! Ethan also has planned a built-in wall unit next to our TV but I'm not sure when that will happen either. The due date is in 110 days... but honestly, I don't really care that much if those two things are done beforehand or not. They aren't relevant to the baby in the least bit!

I got an email from my friend Jenny today (the mom of the kids that I posted about visiting last month), and she's busy planning the Atlanta baby shower. I'm not yet sure of the date but my guess is that it will be in late October to early November before the holidays and definitely on a Sunday afternoon. I'm grateful and humbled that so many people care so much about Ethan and I and want to bless us with gifts for the baby. People have honestly been so wonderful and encouraging and have told us how lucky they think our child is to have us as parents. That does make us feel good.

In baby news... Baby Ridge now kicks Ethan's hand whenever he tries to feel for kicks. The minute his hand touches my stomach, kapow. This is somewhat problematic when he does so unintentionally in the middle of the night as it wakes me up, but that's okay. I think it's cool and it makes Ethan smile to feel his son or daughter actively responding to his touch. I can't wait to see him holding our baby...that's going to be one of the most amazing sights I've ever seen! Now that I have fulfilled my sappy thoughts quota for the day, I'll end this here and get to bed....big last day before school with Mo tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts