Weekend recap
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I know we did. Emily and I went to a bakery on Saturday morning, and we ordered their brioche donuts which were amazing. I also had hot chocolate and was quite impressed by the marshmallows which they actually make themselves at the bakery! I worked as usual on Saturday night, and was able to start reading "Water for Elephants", and have started learning Photoshop Elements. Right on track with my little goals.
Ethan started the last major house project yesterday (Sunday), and as a result, this is what our living room currently looks like. (the cutout is perfectly centered below the TV - it's just the angle that I took the photo at)

Have no fear, it will be finished up in the next couple of days, and I will post an "after" photo and an actual description of what it is. :)
On Sunday morning, both of us kicked into high gear to get things done around the house. I, of course, had my list of things that I wanted to get done, and Ethan could tell that I wanted to get the things done NOW. He knows that if I get on an organization roll he needs to jump on the train and not ask questions. I guess you could say we were in nesting mode...for ourselves! Everything for Baby Ridge is ready, but I think we both realized that once the baby is here, we are not going to have the time to do stuff around the house... and even if we had the time, we'd want to spend that time together as a family. When Ethan opened the box for his project, he discovered that one of the pieces was damaged, so that required a return to IKEA. We jumped in the car and headed over there to exchange the damaged piece, and while we were there, Ethan decided to get wooden hangers for the closet. We'd talked about switching out our plastic hangers for literally the past three years but never did.... so now our closets are all converted to wooden hangers instead of plastic. Looks quite nice if you ask me. I also am dying to get back into my clothes.... it's going to be like Christmas with this fabulous "new" wardrobe. Serious motivation to do whatever it takes to get back into all my clothes! Wonder how long it will take for my hips to go back to where they were? Hm. (and no, them staying this way is NOT an option!)
Once Ethan finishes his project, he just has to paint a couple of walls in our house in certain areas for touch-ups and we are officially DONE. And not a moment too soon...I want to be able to relax for a few weeks and not be trying to do things up until labor!
I am still waiting to post about the Atlanta shower - Erica has been out of town and hasn't had time to get the pictures to me. It's coming though, don't worry!
Coming up this week: lunch with Dawn tomorrow, a manicure at some point, visiting my friend Heather and her sweet 8 week old daughter, our rescheduled doula prenatal visit, and my 37 week appointment. Busy, busy....just the way I like it!
Ethan started the last major house project yesterday (Sunday), and as a result, this is what our living room currently looks like. (the cutout is perfectly centered below the TV - it's just the angle that I took the photo at)

Have no fear, it will be finished up in the next couple of days, and I will post an "after" photo and an actual description of what it is. :)
On Sunday morning, both of us kicked into high gear to get things done around the house. I, of course, had my list of things that I wanted to get done, and Ethan could tell that I wanted to get the things done NOW. He knows that if I get on an organization roll he needs to jump on the train and not ask questions. I guess you could say we were in nesting mode...for ourselves! Everything for Baby Ridge is ready, but I think we both realized that once the baby is here, we are not going to have the time to do stuff around the house... and even if we had the time, we'd want to spend that time together as a family. When Ethan opened the box for his project, he discovered that one of the pieces was damaged, so that required a return to IKEA. We jumped in the car and headed over there to exchange the damaged piece, and while we were there, Ethan decided to get wooden hangers for the closet. We'd talked about switching out our plastic hangers for literally the past three years but never did.... so now our closets are all converted to wooden hangers instead of plastic. Looks quite nice if you ask me. I also am dying to get back into my clothes.... it's going to be like Christmas with this fabulous "new" wardrobe. Serious motivation to do whatever it takes to get back into all my clothes! Wonder how long it will take for my hips to go back to where they were? Hm. (and no, them staying this way is NOT an option!)
Once Ethan finishes his project, he just has to paint a couple of walls in our house in certain areas for touch-ups and we are officially DONE. And not a moment too soon...I want to be able to relax for a few weeks and not be trying to do things up until labor!
I am still waiting to post about the Atlanta shower - Erica has been out of town and hasn't had time to get the pictures to me. It's coming though, don't worry!
Coming up this week: lunch with Dawn tomorrow, a manicure at some point, visiting my friend Heather and her sweet 8 week old daughter, our rescheduled doula prenatal visit, and my 37 week appointment. Busy, busy....just the way I like it!

Comments