The Ridge HGTV channel brings you...
Remember this?

This is what it looks like now.....

I'm super impressed with my husband right now. He's pretty much amazing, and did this all by himself with a little help from the kitchen cabinet department in IKEA. He came up with everything on his own though, not the IKEA designers. Our TV wall unit houses our Apple TV, DVD player, and Wii. Ethan actually was able to sink the cabinet into the wall so that it only protrudes about 4 inches, which is perfect. It is truly a custom built in, and it looks so awesome! The black square you see to the left of the television is our television antenna (rabbit ears are retro now, haha). There is also ambient lighting installed inside the cabinet and behind the TV, but you'll just have to visit to see that for yourself! I told Ethan that those lights will double as dim lights for nighttime changings and feedings out in the living room. He also did a bunch of paint touch-ups in the house as well, so it's definitely nice to have the scuffs and nicks from everyday living removed. I'm sure we'll have little baby hand and fingerprints all over the windows and walls before we know it, but we don't mind those so much. We'd always smile when we'd notice them after Eugenia and Symmes had been here.
Tomorrow is a HUGE day for both of us... we have so many things on our punch list to get done, and our house will look like a catalogue by tomorrow evening and maintained as such, especially now that Ethan is finished with his project. It's not for my parents... it's because I want to be able to come home from the hospital to a perfect house whenever that may be. Fortunately for me, Miles is gone all week for Thanksgiving, so I can sleep in as late as I need to. Sometimes I'm just more productive late at night into the wee hours than I am during the day. Time to head to bed!

This is what it looks like now.....

I'm super impressed with my husband right now. He's pretty much amazing, and did this all by himself with a little help from the kitchen cabinet department in IKEA. He came up with everything on his own though, not the IKEA designers. Our TV wall unit houses our Apple TV, DVD player, and Wii. Ethan actually was able to sink the cabinet into the wall so that it only protrudes about 4 inches, which is perfect. It is truly a custom built in, and it looks so awesome! The black square you see to the left of the television is our television antenna (rabbit ears are retro now, haha). There is also ambient lighting installed inside the cabinet and behind the TV, but you'll just have to visit to see that for yourself! I told Ethan that those lights will double as dim lights for nighttime changings and feedings out in the living room. He also did a bunch of paint touch-ups in the house as well, so it's definitely nice to have the scuffs and nicks from everyday living removed. I'm sure we'll have little baby hand and fingerprints all over the windows and walls before we know it, but we don't mind those so much. We'd always smile when we'd notice them after Eugenia and Symmes had been here.
Tomorrow is a HUGE day for both of us... we have so many things on our punch list to get done, and our house will look like a catalogue by tomorrow evening and maintained as such, especially now that Ethan is finished with his project. It's not for my parents... it's because I want to be able to come home from the hospital to a perfect house whenever that may be. Fortunately for me, Miles is gone all week for Thanksgiving, so I can sleep in as late as I need to. Sometimes I'm just more productive late at night into the wee hours than I am during the day. Time to head to bed!

Comments