37 week appointment and busyness

I'm still here! We had our last meeting with Alice last night and went over the "plan", etc. All set there, nothing much to report. The next time we see her, we'll hopefully be holding our baby within 24 hours of her arrival!

Today was my 37 week appointment which was uneventful. Baby Ridge is no longer posterior and is in position for birth! Still hanging out super low. My midwives do not conduct internal checks (and I would refuse them anyway) so there won't be any blog posts about effacement and dilation on here. Baby Ridge will come when they're good and ready! My next appointment is my 39 week appointment - I'm apparently "made to have babies" and the perfect pregnant person, so they don't feel the need to see me next week. If I make it to 40 weeks (which I hope I make it past then!) they'll schedule a biophysical profile to check on fluid levels, placental aging, etc. In all honesty, I would love for this baby to stay in until 41 weeks. We'll see what happens though, I'm flexible but I REALLY want baby to stay in until at least 39 weeks due to total lung/brain development not occurring until that point.

The next few days are going to be super busy.

Tonight I'm meeting Dawn after work for some shopping and Mexican for dinner. I'll swing by IKEA and return my extra hangers on the way home afterwards.

Tomorrow, I take Miles to school and then I have my manicure at 10 AM. I'm excited about this... and I get to hang out with sweet baby Carter tomorrow night after work!

Saturday I'm going to see Twilight: Breaking Dawn (yep, all by myself and I plan on eating popcorn and m&m's) and hanging out with my Greek kids as usual.

Sunday I'm meeting up with Emily & Aneli for pedicures, heading to Dawn's baby shower to honor her and Baby Luke (due in mid-January), and then to the Melting Pot for girls' night out.

Time is just flying! I know it's because I'm keeping myself so busy though, which is a good thing! :)

I'll post the 37 week picture tomorrow, but I don't think I'll have time to blog this weekend with everything going on. Next week my parents are in town Tues-Fri so I don't think I'll be blogging much then either... my point here is: if I am not blogging several times per week, it doesn't mean anything. I'm not in labor. I'm not about to go into labor. I just didn't have time to sit down and write a post. So, nobody get excited!

And, because I know she reads this....dearest Erica, the Atlanta shower post is contingent upon you sending me pictures. :)

Comments

Popular Posts