36 weeks!

This morning I headed to our new primary care physician's office. We used to see one in Buckhead but both Ethan and I got tired of the drive so we chose a new one that's only 5 minutes away. Ethan has been already, but I haven't had any reason to go until today... for my pertussis vaccination. Since I work with a child who is around other children in a school setting, my midwife wanted me to go ahead and get the vaccination while pregnant, especially since it takes 4 weeks to kick in. I really liked the office staff and the doctor, and was also able to meet the two other doctors at the practice. It's a whole family practice, so Baby Ridge has a pediatrician as of today. They don't see a lot of babies there at all, which I actually prefer since my child won't be lost in a sea of many. We'll also be able to get in within a couple of days of being discharged, so that's a plus as well. I love that their waiting room has no toys in it.... pediatric offices are just a breeding ground for nasty viruses. Every time I took my kids to the pediatrician's office, they ALWAYS came down with something within a few days. The doctors will also respect my wishes for a delayed vaccination schedule (only one vaccination at a time for our children!) and won't try to convince me to follow the regular schedule. They also don't jump to prescribe antibiotics for every little thing and prefer to let things run their course, which is exactly my philosophy. I won't even be in the office because I know better than to freak out over things that I can treat myself. I've pretty much seen it all at this point when it comes to the common cold through bad cases of the croup. I know when it's worth going to the doctor and when it isn't since I've had many years of practice at this point and often made the decision myself whether the kids needed to go when their parents were out of town, etc. It's definitely a bit of a relief to know that the pediatrician is finally 100% decided on as I have been weighing the different options for the past couple of weeks. If I change my mind about them down the road, I can always choose to switch to a different pediatrician later on.
After I got home from my appointment, I texted Ethan and said I wanted a lunch date... so we met up at a little hole-in-the-wall Turkish place in Little Five for gyros and conversation. I'm enjoying every minute I get with Ethan these days because once baby comes, it's not just the two of us anymore. I'm so glad that we have had over 9 years with just us, 6 of them married. We were talking about how the day I go into labor is going to be a normal day... and then BOOM... we're going to suddenly realize that we're going to be parents in the next day or so. Neither of us are nervous about it at all though. Just very excited! We just want everything to continue to go smoothly and for the baby to arrive safely and be healthy. That's the main goal.

Comments