Preview of life in 3 months or so...

Meet Mr. Carter. There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby. I spent a few hours with him this morning while his mom was out at a meeting. Carter is 2 weeks old and 7 pounds. He's also a little snugglebug, and I held him every single second that I was with him...I did not put him down once. Why bother? It's impossible to spoil a baby this young, and sleep training doesn't begin until 12-16 weeks. Babies grow at warp speed, and they're only this little for a very short amount of time. I kept looking at Carter's little face in awe, knowing that in about three months I'll be looking at the face of our own little baby. A baby I don't have to leave at the end of X number of hours and that I can call mine. What can I say? Babies make me sappy these days!
A tip for expectant mothers or people looking for a very practical and useful gift for parents (I'm not saying to buy this for me, I'm just telling people that any parents would appreciate this!): Aden & Anais muslin swaddle blankets are the BOMB. I had heard amazing things about them and put them to the test today. Baby Ridge will definitely be using them!
29 weeks today! I woke up this morning and Baby Ridge was all wedged up in my ribs. Both Ethan and I noticed that I had no baby bump at all when I first got up, and I guess it was because of the positioning up in my ribs. Anyway, here's a photo from 5:30 PM today after eating, in a maternity shirt, etc.... I officially concede to my midwife who said that I won't look obviously pregnant until 30 weeks or later. She was right. There are still many people who have absolutely no idea and would never have guessed... most of our neighbors still have no idea, and they see me all the time. I'm sure they think I need to eat less and use our gym more. ;)

Comments