30 week appointment

I had my 30 week appointment today, and all is well. Baby Ridge is head down, and we'll check again next time I come in (32 weeks) to see if baby is still head down. They can tell by palpating and from where they find the heartbeat. If they have to confirm, they'll do a quick ultrasound. I also found out today that even if Baby Ridge is breech when I go into labor, I do NOT automatically have to have a c-section. They are one of two providers in the entire state of Georgia who will deliver breech babies naturally and have never had a bad outcome. I was relieved and very excited to hear this. Everything else is measuring right on track. My midwife did say "Wow, this is a long baby!" as she was feeling around to determine the position. Well. Considering that Ethan is almost 6'5" and I'm 6', are we really that shocked by this?

Looking ahead: next appointments are at 32 weeks, 34 weeks, and then weekly from 35 weeks on. Where is the time going?

Not much else to report... tomorrow I have the entire day off of work thanks to Rosh Hashanah, so I'm planning to do my big kitchen reorganization project. I don't want to wait until I'm too uncomfortable to reach and lift things, so I need to go ahead and get it over and done with.

I'll be back on Friday with the official 30 week picture... I think you'll see a difference from last week! :)

Comments

Popular Posts