6 months pregnant today!

So, I'm "officially" 6 months pregnant today based on my due date of December 9th. Although the average pregnancy length for first time mothers is 41 weeks and 1 day, so if that proves true in my case, December 16th is when we'll meet Baby Ridge. I digress.

Here's a photo of me today at 6 months (27 weeks) pregnant!

Excuse the hair and the bleary eyes. I took this in my workout clothes right after working out. I can't always look like a supermodel, y'all. (Just kidding) I look slightly bigger than last week's photo. It's definitely coming. I was asked last night at the grocery store how far along I was. When I told them 6 months, they exclaimed that they thought I was only 3 months or so. Lady, if you'd seen me at 3 months you wouldn't have believed there was a baby in there. :) I'm not going to lie - I still feel more chunky than pregnant. So I'm glad when people ask when I'm due because it makes me feel better to know they're assuming that I'm pregnant rather than just fat. Ethan pointed out to me yesterday that the reason that I am feeling uncomfortable in the belly area is because my abdominal muscles are starting to weaken. I hadn't thought of that, but it makes perfect sense. I still don't have the linea nigra (the line down your belly) so that means my abs are still connected and holding strong...for now!

I also learned that leg cramps are completely normal and have nothing to do with whether I have eaten enough bananas that week. See below excerpt from one of my pregnancy books.

"They're carrying extra weight, after all, and your expanding uterus is putting pressure on the veins that return blood from your legs to your heart as well as on the nerves leading from your trunk to your legs. Unfortunately, the cramps may get worse as your pregnancy progresses. Leg cramps are more common at night but can also happen during the day."

I can't believe how fast this week went. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that Monday was a holiday so it was only a 4-day work week. It might also have to do with the fact that it's been in the 70's all week, and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. I have a feeling that the rest of the fall is going to zoom by. December is going to be here before I know it.

This weekend should be fun. I have a pedicure scheduled with my girlfriends for Saturday, and the baseboards of our house and I have a date. Then I'll babysit as usual for my Greek kiddos. Sunday is pretty busy - I have a long business planning meeting with Lindsay, and then Alice is coming on Sunday evening for our first prenatal visit. I'm excited for that... we'll be going over our birth and labor preferences and ideals, and basically formulating a loose birth plan to work with. It's nice to know that she's taking care of creating the birth plan document and will make sure that it's followed as much as the situation allows when Baby Ridge decides to enter the world! I know I'm not going to necessarily remember everything that I wanted while I'm going through it all.

Comments

Popular Posts