Lazy Saturday

I did pretty much nothing today.

Emily brought me a pumpkin spice latte to the nail salon, and I sipped on it as we enjoyed our pedicures. It was heaven, and just as good as I remember it being! Baby Ridge has been REALLY active all day since then, so I'm assuming it's from the caffeine kick since I mostly only drink water these days now that I don't need Coke to help me with nausea (thank you Lord).

After our pedicures, we had lunch at Goldberg's Deli where I enjoyed a simple bagel with cream cheese. Emily is going to be doing my maternity and newborn photos, so we were talking about ideas for that as far as props and location. I have ordered an adorable knit teddy bear hat with cute little ears from a seller on Etsy. Want to see the hat on a baby? Of course you do.


Gah. The cuteness. I can hardly stand it. I still can't believe I'm going to have our own little baby in my arms in three months or so. We're on the hunt for some other things as well such as a galvanized and/or wooden bucket, a highly textured and soft blanket, a basket, etc. I'm not a huge fan of fluffy fur like in the above photo. Newborn photos need to be taken within the first few days of life since babies grow so quickly and the newborn face disappears just as quickly! No props for the maternity photos...although we did joke about a jar of pickles, haha. Speaking of pickles... I still hate them. I actually tried to take a bite of one thinking that I would like them now that I'm pregnant but as soon as I tasted the juice I knew it was a no-go. Ick. Disgusting.

I then came home and spent the afternoon lounging around and pinning photos on Pinterest to make some boards for Emily so she knows what my preferences are as far as maternity and newborn photos go. I am so not a fan of cheesy photos, and neither is she so hopefully we'll be able to get some good ones. I'm not sure when we're going to take the maternity photos... we're going to wait for the bump to fully emerge, obviously. Hopefully this means by November. I guess we'll see!

Now I'm at work with the Greek kids, but they have two friends over, so I'm just hanging out on my laptop. The boys are playing XBox, and the girls are upstairs playing with dolls. If either set wanted me to participate, I would but since they're older....they're happy to hang out on their own. Both of the moms are astounded that I'm 6 months pregnant, and one of them actually said "You look like you've just been drinking too much beer!" Wow. Okay. Well, I don't drink beer, hate it actually, but nice to know that you think it looks like a beer gut. Haha. (This is why people should stick with "You look great!" and nothing else) Both moms also guessed boy. Ethan and I are going to laugh if this baby is a boy since we joke that the baby is just like him because it's always wiggling around when I'm trying to sleep and stretches in the morning just like Ethan does. That doesn't mean we think it's a boy: we still have no clue, but it will just be funny if it turns out to be a boy based on in utero mannerisms being like Ethan's!

Well, I'll end this here... hope everyone else is having a great weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts