More baby stuff...
Our Arm's Reach mini convertible co-sleeper arrived via FedEx this morning! That's another thing checked off the list... and this is where Baby Ridge will be sleeping for the first couple of months. The photo below is of the co-sleeper we ordered set in the bassinet setting. The long "blanket" actually tucks under our mattress, so baby is eye level with me and right next to our bed. Just as a disclaimer - co-sleeping is NOT the same as bed-sharing. The risk of SIDS is actually lowered with co-sleeping, which simply means baby shares the same room with the parents but has their own sleeping space outside of the parent's bed.

I may or may not have ordered this color specifically for room matching purposes. I'll never tell. ;) Another feature that I love about this is that it easily converts into a mini pack-n-play for later. Full sized pack 'n plays are HUGE and cumbersome. They also come with way too many bells and whistles these days... I personally don't want a music player and vibrator attached to my pack 'n play. If you have the space for it, cool...but I like the mini version because I can get it through doorways without struggling or having to collapse it. The wheels also make it easy for me to wheel around the house as needed if I end up sleeping on the couch or in the guest room one night if we need to give Ethan a break. It's very multi-functional, and travels well. I won't have to worry about having a place for Baby Ridge to sleep when we travel, since we can just fold it up and go.

I may or may not have ordered this color specifically for room matching purposes. I'll never tell. ;) Another feature that I love about this is that it easily converts into a mini pack-n-play for later. Full sized pack 'n plays are HUGE and cumbersome. They also come with way too many bells and whistles these days... I personally don't want a music player and vibrator attached to my pack 'n play. If you have the space for it, cool...but I like the mini version because I can get it through doorways without struggling or having to collapse it. The wheels also make it easy for me to wheel around the house as needed if I end up sleeping on the couch or in the guest room one night if we need to give Ethan a break. It's very multi-functional, and travels well. I won't have to worry about having a place for Baby Ridge to sleep when we travel, since we can just fold it up and go.

Comments