Zofran update and first baby purchase
So, my middle charge ended up in the hospital this morning to be rehydrated after throwing up all night long. She's fine now, thank goodness. Poor little girl. I'm thinking maybe I caught the bug from the kids and was the first to be felled by it due to my suppressed immune system. I don't know. However, the nausea that I am suffering from is definitely very real - so I'm thankful for the Zofran prescription. The nausea has been hitting at around 5 PM like clockwork, so I have found that if I take it, I'm okay until I go to bed. My plan to get through this next week is to take it in the morning before I get out of bed and then again in the afternoon if I need to.... I just have to make it through the week! The Zofran isn't magic...I still don't feel great when I take it, but I don't throw up. So, I am happy with this even though I wish it would also make me feel peppy and alive too. :) I CAN and WILL survive this last week of work....all of you who know me know what a stubborn fighter I am.
In other news, I made my first baby purchase today! My career has enabled me to test out practically every baby product on the market. I knew that finding a stroller would be difficult because Ethan and I are so tall. Nothing is worse than being hunched over while trying to push a stroller... but fortunately, I discovered UppaBaby G-Luxe in my current position. It's a great umbrella stroller that is super light and easy to snap open and shut... with loooooong handles for tall people! There is a handy removable cupholder, and it also reclines all the way for baby to nap when necessary. Additionally, it has a generous amount of cargo space underneath it. It's pretty much the perfect stroller for us, and I've been using it since Eugenia was a baby, so I'm an old pro with it. I wanted a specific color (Maddy) which is a really pretty green color, but learned that it had been discontinued....much to my dismay.
Ebay to the rescue! Not only did they have one brand new in the box, it was at a steal of a deal. It should arrive next week sometime! Baby Ridge won't be riding in it until 3 months of age or so, but it will come in handy. I plan on carrying Baby Ridge in a Moby wrap and/or Ergo carrier and am forgoing the big and bulky infant carrier carseats in favor of the Sunshine Kids Radian XL. I'm thankful that I've worked in the job that I'm in for as long as I have (12 years!) ... because it really helps to know how much stuff you DON'T need. :)
In other news, I made my first baby purchase today! My career has enabled me to test out practically every baby product on the market. I knew that finding a stroller would be difficult because Ethan and I are so tall. Nothing is worse than being hunched over while trying to push a stroller... but fortunately, I discovered UppaBaby G-Luxe in my current position. It's a great umbrella stroller that is super light and easy to snap open and shut... with loooooong handles for tall people! There is a handy removable cupholder, and it also reclines all the way for baby to nap when necessary. Additionally, it has a generous amount of cargo space underneath it. It's pretty much the perfect stroller for us, and I've been using it since Eugenia was a baby, so I'm an old pro with it. I wanted a specific color (Maddy) which is a really pretty green color, but learned that it had been discontinued....much to my dismay.
Ebay to the rescue! Not only did they have one brand new in the box, it was at a steal of a deal. It should arrive next week sometime! Baby Ridge won't be riding in it until 3 months of age or so, but it will come in handy. I plan on carrying Baby Ridge in a Moby wrap and/or Ergo carrier and am forgoing the big and bulky infant carrier carseats in favor of the Sunshine Kids Radian XL. I'm thankful that I've worked in the job that I'm in for as long as I have (12 years!) ... because it really helps to know how much stuff you DON'T need. :)

Comments