Weekend Recap and some BIG news!
Erica came to visit us this past weekend, and was here from Friday afternoon through Monday morning. We had such a good time catching up, making (and eating) cookies with milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels. They were ridiculously good. The pretzels added salt and crunch... they are definitely one of my new favorites! No visit with us would be quite complete without shopping, so we hit up a few stores with Lily in tow. My score was a pair of Tom's ballet flats on clearance... and Erica scored some equipment for her kitchen. We also went swimming a few times to take advantage of the pool while the weather (and water!) is still warm. I also took advantage of her being here to do some photo shoots with Lily (check back on Friday for a post on the big shoot!).
Let's take a moment to do a comparison, shall we? Lily is five months old in the first photo, and nine months (almost) in the second.
Oh, and there are actually THREE people in both photos. ;) Ruminate on that for just a moment......
![]() |
| Erica (22 weeks pregnant) and Lily saying hi to her cousin |
Yep, that's right! My best friend, Erica, is expecting Baby B at the end of December! I'm beyond excited for her and her husband, Doug. She'll be delivering at Carolina Birth Center with a midwife, and will find out if Baby B is a boy or girl on arrival! She told me her news in May on Mother's Day weekend when she was 8 weeks pregnant. Doug secretly taped her telling me... here's the video of that! The kitchen equipment I mentioned that Erica scored at the beginning of this post was actually a Svan highchair for Baby B on clearance at one of my favorite baby product boutiques here in Atlanta.
I still cry every time I watch it. Erica's baby shower is in mid-October....and you can bet that it will be the most fabulous baby shower ever. I'm having a lot of fun planning and coordinating it. Since all of the details are being kept secret, I won't post about the shower until after the event happens!




Comments